Elevators and Bourgeois Things

This was super short. Please don't hate me. This book is coming to an end and finding a way to end it is hard.

***

It was all over.

Thank goodness. 

That was all my thoughts consisted of as I sat in the couch in my apartment. I stared blankly at the black TV screen. They've been gone for two days.

It's over.

I jumped when I heard a crash from behind me. I turned on the couch and saw that Theo had dropped one of the few boxes filled with my stuff.

I rushed up to help him pick up the box. "Let me help you."

"No," He shoos me away, "I can pick up one box and carry it down a flight of steps." He bends down and positions the box in his hands and gets a good grip before going to the front door.

I opened it for him and walked out behind him, locking the door on the way out. "I don't know why you cant just move back in with me."

"You know why."

"Yes, but we were dating when you were living with me before."

"First off, you haven't asked me to be your girlfriend yet, so we aren't technically dating yet. Secondly, it didn't count back then because no one knew we were.....um, you know," I trailed off not knowing how to finish the sentence.

"We were doing all the things other couples do, we just didn't have a title for it." He said as we walked down the first flight of steps.

"We still don't have a title for it." I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"What- uh, nothing." I said and jumped from the last step.

"I still feel like you should move back in with me."

"Theo, I can't. Besides I don't think your parents will approve. Hailey's parents already said I can move in there. They have more than enough room."

"So do we and my parents wont care."

"Theo, I'm moving in with Hailey and that final." I said when we reached the landing. Theo sat the box down on the floor.

He looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Theo, I said no."

I gasped when he pushed me against the wall of the stairwell. "Theo." I said breathlessly.

"Please?" He begged.

"No." I whispered and smiled.

He leaned closer to my ear. "Please?" He asked again.

I opened my mouth to reply with the same answer but I sucked in a breath of air as I felt his tongue on the side of my neck. He pushed all my hair aside. 

Laying his lips on my pulse he sucked, leaving his love marks on my skin.

Thoughts of the controversy over the housing arrangement were pushed to the back of my mind.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He pulled back slightly only to touch his lips against mine. He moved them slowly, too slowly. I my lips against his harder but that causes him to slide his lips down my neck and back to my ear.

"Come back to my house. Stay with me."

"I can't." I squeezed my eyes closed. He groaned and pulled away from me. He picked up the box and started to walk away.

"I love you!" I sang to him.

"Love you, too." He sighed and opened up the door to the floor that was below my apartment.

I was meeting Hailey at Ricks house and then he would take us to Hailey's parents house.

Reaching his door, I knocked only once before the door was pulled open revealing Hailey. I already explained the basics that happened with Roe and Chad.

I didn't tell her about the abuse but I told her about Roe setting the house on fire and her escaping rehab. After that her parents were all too happy to let me stay with them for the time being.

I haven't said anything to Theo but the only other family that I have is my grandmother. I'm supposed to moving to live with her after a few months but there is a problem, she lives in Louisiana. I don't want to think about it until that time comes.

Hailey's parents only agreed to let me stay a bit, but as soon as my grandmother can go through all the paperwork to be able to be my guardian, I'll be staying with Hailey.

I don't know how I'm going to tell Theo that I'll be moving across the country. I already begged Hailey to keep the secret until I'm ready to tell him. She finally promised.

She called over her shoulder, "Rick, they're here! Let's go!" She walked out the door, leaving it open. I peered in and saw him giving his wife a kiss on the cheek and then waving to his newborn daughter.

"Hey guys. Let's go. Christina and Mark should be expecting us soon." He walked down the hallway and to the elevator.

"Why didn't we just take the elevator?" Theo asked me.

"You need the exercise." I shrugged.

"I need the exercise? You couldn't even run around the block." He defended himself.

I placed a hand in his bicep. "I was kidding. Get your panties out of a twist." 

The elevator opened and we stepped in. I watched as the doors closed on the hell hole that was my home for a few months.

The car ride was filled with silence and comforting hand squeezes from Theo.

"Oh, my g-,"

"I know. I know. I don't seem rich, right?" Hailey said as she stepped out of the car and started to walk into her house.

Theo carried in my box and I followed behind him. Behind me was Rick.

Hailey opened the door. "We're here!" She shouted as  soon as the door was open.

Stepping inside I was a great room with a giant staircase and multiple rooms that lead in all directions.

This house was ginormous.

I heard footsteps coming from one of the rooms down the hallway. Christina stepped out from the hallway with an apron around her and flour on her hands.

"Come on into kitchen, guys. There are some snacks on the bar. Oh, you can set that at the steps, young man. Grayson will get that and take it to Paige's room."

She disappeared down the hallway.

Oh, this was amazing.