pathetic

finally lunch came and i had no lunch and no money, but it wasn't like i was going to eat anyways.

i sat down waiting for you to come inside the cafeteria so i could yell at you for calling child services.

you finally walked in with all of your followers, laughing and all.

you were always quite popular.

i started walking towards you, the laughing stopped and instead you all stared at me.

"can i talk to you outside?" i said softly.

you were just about to open your mouth, but before you could answer me, your friend that called me an anorexic twig called out,

"did you not get the message that he doesn't like you anymore? there was a reason why he cheated on you with her. or are you starving yourself just so he can feel guilty and talk to you?" he gave a smirk while everyone was silent, waiting for my reaction.

i felt my breath hitch and i didn't know what to say because he was right.

"you're pathetic."

i tried to ignore him and the tears that were so close to slipping.

the words already hurt enough and it didn't help that you didn't defend me and just stared like the others.

"i said i need to talk to you." i cleared my throat trying to get rid of the lump in my chest that hurt like hell.

"sure...." you said as you slowly slipped out of the group.

i heard as we started to walk away words like, "freak" "loser" "attention whore" and "ana"

and i know you heard them too, but you didn't say a word and acted as if everything was perfectly fine.

as if I didn't want to die.

maybe we are just both pathetic.