the rude, heartless, smirking jerk

i heard you follow from behind me.

"so i guess you're still mad?" you sighed, "i'll just wait until you get over it."

excuse me?

"what did you just say?" anger clear in my tone. i turned around quickly to face your evil smirk plastered to your face.

"i can't just get over what you did. you hurt me so much. why can't you see that? i was bullied and made fun of every day because of the rumors you spread and your girlfriend hurt me." i said glaring at your blank expression.

"ex-girlfriend." you corrected, not paying attention to anything else i said.

"you are such a jerk. just leave me alone."

you stepped closer to me and took my hand and intertwined our fingers.

my heart was racing and i felt chills all over my body.

"i can hear your breath quickening. i can see the goosebumps on your arms." you observed. "you still are in love with me." you grinned.

"no im not!" i lied as i yanked my arm away from yours, "just stop."

"so no matter what, you will always forgive me." you stated.

"what happened to you?" i said and felt tears forming. "what happened to the funny, romantic, shy, loving, nice boy? because that is the boy i am in love with not you, the rude, heartless, smirking jerk."

you gave your old small smile for a second just like you used to, but it was only there for a second before it faded into another smirk.

"people change." you stated with an unamused look.

"not completely. it's sad really." i sighed and broke eye contact.

you just stared back at me immensely.

"did she do something to you?" i looked back up at you.

you immediately looked down at your feet and your face looked hurt but you quickly covered it up with a forced laugh.

"what did she do?" i clenched my fists.

"nothing. get over it." you looked away and started walking away. "dinner is in five minutes."

oh. dinner.