issues

but for some reason the next day when i came to see you, your mom stopped me in the doorway.

i looked over her shoulder and saw you smiling in my direction while you were sitting in the bed. your smile for some reason caused a weird feeling in my stomach and my heart to beat a little faster.

"come here." your mom told me as i gave her a confused look, but i followed her anyway outside of your room.

she closed the door behind us and i could see you through the window looking at us probably wondering what was wrong.

"um how do i say this without sounding like a bad person?" your mom thought out loud.

this sentence just caused my palms to sweat because i still have no idea what she was talking about.

"well as you should know by now, my son has um, issues..." she whispered the last part in my ear as if it was forbidden to say out loud. "and i   know you might love each other, i don't think it is good for you to be around him. he is usually worse around you too and i'm not quite sure why. without any warning he will turn into this kind of person that their only goal is to hurt you. and i don't want both of you to go through that because i'm worried that if my son gets too attached to you, but then hurts you and you leave, it would absolutely tear him apart. he can't control it and i just think it's better for you to distance yourself now before it's too late." she gave a frown as she looked through the mirror at the smiling boy in the hospital bed.

by the time she was finished i was in tears but the thing that hurt the most is that i knew she was right.

maybe it's the best for the both of us, no matter how hard it is to admit.

so instead of walking into your room as i had planned to before, i started walking towards the exit of the hospital.

and i didn't dare look back at you to see the look of hurt on your face as i walked off.

a broken girl and a sad unstable boy was never a good mix.

but i cant help but hope that it could work someway and somehow.

because after all, isn't love supposed to conquer all?

----

AN-

okay hey guys. I am so sorry for the gigantic lack of updates and activity on wattpad as well. I have been so stressed out with school and have been running on four hours of sleep every night. I haven't been in the best place to write anything. I haven't been happy, my self esteem has been pretty low, I haven't been eating much and I'm so tired. These are the reasons why I'm not going to be very active during the school year but don't worry because I'll be back a lot more during summer, hopefully I'll feel better by then. I hope you guys understand and I love all of you who read my book. You guys make me smile. <33
xx

-Belen