shivering

OMG HER WAS #79 IN SHORT STORY!!!

----

i woke up shivering only to find that you weren't lying next to me.

i frowned and decided to get dressed and brush my hair before you saw me so i wouldn't look horrible.

i walked towards your kitchen and your mom was there reading the newspaper.

why is she here? i thought she was supposed to be at work already.

"good morning." she smiled, "better eat some breakfast soon so you're not late for school."

"yes i know, thank you." i smiled back, "um, where is your son?"

"oh he's just in the bathroom."

"oh okay."

right when i turned around i bumped into you.

"oh sorry." you gave a little laugh.

"i was just looking for you." i said.

"oh were you?" you teased while wiggling your eyebrows up and down.

i couldn't say anything because i was a blushing mess, especially because your mom was winking at us.

"do you want a ride to school?" you asked.

"oh um, sure." i said back, trying not to sound surprised. i thought you wouldn't want to be seen with me, especially in front of your friends.

"okay let's go." you smiled back and held out your arm.

i stared at it for a second, confused.

then i realized that you wanted to hold my hand.

i intertwined our fingers and you led me out of the door, i knew your mom was making faces at us but i could care less because my heart was racing.

***

we pulled up in the student parking lot and i don't know why but it felt like butterflies were attacking my stomach.

i was scared to face everyone.

there were probably more rumors spread about me now since i went to the hospital and im now staying at your house.

you parked the car and gave me a smile, "ready?"

it seemed that you were completely oblivious to my hyperventilating and nervousness showing that i obviously wasn't ready.

"yep." i lied and gave the most fake smile in history.

we both got out of the car and i could already feel the staring and whispers from the other classmates. i kept my head down while you didn't even seem to notice what was happening at all.

"alright i am going to get to class." you said as you gave a small wave.

"bye." i whispered as you walked off.

i am now all alone.

well, so i thought.

i was on the way to get my history book from my locker when i felt a small tap on my shoulder.

"he--" i began to say but was met with a hard slap on my cheek. i turned to see her with a smirk more evil then yours.

"ha. you think that since he broke up with me you have a chance?" she said coldly, "you must be dreaming."

i didn't respond and instead looked down at the floor.

don't cry don't cry don't cry

i was able to take the slap because my mom used to hit me harder but the words stung.

"can you not speak or something?" she teased.

"no." i practically whispered.

"huh?" she said in a very annoying tone.

"come closer." i whispered.

"what the hell is wrong with you?" she laughed loudly as she bowed her head closer to mine.

"if you don't tell me what you did to him i swear i will embarrass you so bad right now." i said in a low harsh tone.

"is that a threat?" she gave an amused smirk.

"give me an answer. now." i demanded.

"no." she laughed. it was the kind of laugh that was so irritating and loud that you just want to strangle them.

anger started to take over my body as her laughter got louder and louder.

"and what are you going to do about it?" she asked while laughing at me.

i just turned to face her and looked her straight in her blue eyes. "i was kind of hoping you would say that." i said with the biggest grin possible before i punched her right in the nose as hard as i could.