Our New Hero

Mirielle Casquet smacked her alarm clock with her hand as she fell off the bed, and onto her dog where he let out a yelp and ran away. It was safe to assume luck was not always on her side.

To her dismay, she always had to awaken early on weekends to report the weather for Paris on live television. Of course she had taken pleasure in this privilege of being the weather girl of Paris, but it also was definitely a way to be targeted as popular at school. People would often ask for her autograph. It was never easy to make friends for her. Aurore did everything to make her life miserable due to her being a sore loser in the competition.

Mirielle just wanted some way to be herself and have people love her for her, not just because she's a shy cutesy weather-telling girl.

She quickly ran out to the door after throwing on her favorite green sweater and white capri shorts. She slipped on comfortable flats and made a bolt for the door.

When she arrived, the people took her to the back room to prepare for hair and makeup. Her stylist ironed Mirielle's dark hair straight to where it fell upon her shoulders. She applied hair spray to add a glossy touch. Her make-up stylist quickly concealed and placed foundation over her face. She blended it and added a rosy blush to her cheeks, then applied a small wing to the end of her almond-shaped eyes. After applying mascara and high-lighter, a light pink lipstick was dabbed onto her lips.

The crew rushed her to the studio where the television was going live seconds before she was able to make it into her place.

Already aware of the routine, Mirielle pasted a sweet smile on her face and began to forecast.

"Hello citizens of Paris! Are you ready for today's weather?" She began to speak with enthusiasm and twinkling eyes.

Not too long after her short spotlight took an end, she exited the studio and made her way back to her own home.

Mirielle's eye caught an old man reaching for his cane on the floor. Quickly, she walked over and helped the elder to his feet and handed him his cane.

"Are you alright, Sir?" She asked, helping him to a nearby bench.

"Never better," he chuckled in reply.

"I hope you feel alright. Is there any way I can help you?" She asked, sitting beside him politely.

"I'll be alright, young lady. Thank you very much," Master Fu spoke with a plan in mind and a warm smile on his face.

"Have a good day, Sir," Mirielle smiled and continued walking back to her house.

Little did she know that she would soon have to be filling in the shoes of a beloved superhero.