Ladybug's Ceremony

After Marinette's burial, there wasn't one person who had dry eyes. Not even Gabriel Agreste.

Mayor Bourgeois had put together a remembrance ceremony for Ladybug, in honor of her death.

Adrien couldn't keep himself together; he ran home as fast as he could.

"Chat?" Ladybug turned to her partner.

"Yes, my lady?" He asked.

"Could you promise me something important?" Ladybug asked him, her eyes filled with concern. She knew her kitty was the kind to be so selfless and unforgiving to himself, and she couldn't take the idea of him pinning blame to himself if anything happened.

"Anything for you, LB," he replied, giving a her a comforting smile and a small wink.

"If the day comes that I- well... can't make it, possibly from an akuma or an accident, can you promise me you won't blame yourself?" She asked him, on the verge of tears.

"Wait, Bugaboo? Do you think that an akuma can even kill you? I mean, the superhero suits prevent harm from happening to our bodies," he remembered, trying to immediately throw away any possibility of losing the girl he loved to death.

"You don't know if we could be in civilian form, Chat. Could you please promise me that?" She begged, a tear slipping from her eyes.

He pulled her into a comforting hug.

"Bugaboo, I will never let you die," he promised instead, assuring her that there would be nothing that he couldn't keep her safe from.

Adrien was incredibly angry with himself. He promised her that he wouldn't let her die and he broke his promise.

Wouldn't she be disappointed in him for breaking his promise?

Would she even want him at her ceremony?

He decided he would go as Chat Noir since he didn't attend her funeral as Chat.

Once he arrived, he saw many flower bouquets and pictures of Ladybug. Mayor Bourgeois was giving a speech on what Ladybug had done for Paris.

When he had finished his speech, he invited Chat Noir to give a speech about his partner.

He nervously approached the stage and he saw Marinette's parents turn away.

"So, as you all know, Ladybug was my partner. When I learned she was Marinette, I couldn't wrap my thoughts around my head... They both seemed so different. Marinette was a sweet, delicate butterfly and Ladybug was an amazing, strong hero. Now I think of her as a combination of both my lady and my princess," he said into the microphone, hoping he could keep holding himself together as he pieced together little things that came to mind as he tried not to cry again.

"I made a bad- no, horrific mistake that I will never forgive myself for. So, when the akumatized victim came to attack Marinette, I tried to fend her off. The akumatized girl tricked me with an illusion that Ladybug was falling from the top of the building to distract me. Unknowing that Ladybug and Marinette were the same person, I tried to help my partner... The moment I had realized Ladybug had been an illusion, I was too late to save Marinette. She cried out in pain and I'm never going to forget that sound or get the image of her being stabbed anytime soon. I shouldn't have believed that illusion! I should've just pushed Volpina away from Marinette when I had the chance!" His voice started breaking toward the end.

"I need Ladybug back... Volpina is still out there. I can't purify the akuma without her. I can't fight without her. I can't smile and live life without her. I miss my bugaboo..." He trailed off, in tears. He looked up with watery eyes and his vision was blurred. When they cleared, he saw everyone with glassy eyes and they started to clap for his speech.

He walked off the stage, still upset.

"Chat Noir, I know you can find and you can fight the akuma," he heard a shy voice come from behind him.

He turned around to see a familiar blue-haired girl giving him a hopeful smile.

"Thank you. May I ask what your name might be?" He asked, trying to remember what the girl's name was.

"Mirielle Casquet," she shyly told him.

"Nice to meet you," he shook her hand gently, wiping his tears.

She smiled sympathetically and blushed. Mirielle knew that losing his partner was definitely hard on the loving superhero. At times, she even recalled Marinette talking about how selfless Chat Noir was and how he always wanted to protect Ladybug.

He gave a half-hearted smile to her and a polite kiss on her hand before walking away.

Alya was up on the stage, talking about how she missed her best friend and her idol. She ran off to Nino at the end.

Finally, everyone placed little things in remembrance of one of Paris's valued heroes.

The beloved Ladybug would never be forgotten to the city of Paris.

A/N: I know, I know. I'm sorry.

I've been dwelling on the death of Marinette for like twelve chapters already.

I swear the next one will be about Mirielle getting the Miraculous.

How do you guys think Chat will react to his new partner?

1) 💩

2) 😭

3) 😷

4) 😦

5) 😳

6) 😑

7) 😏😏😏

Comment next to the one you think will represent Chat's reaction! Or just comment what your reaction is!

I love reading your guys' comments! 💕

Thanks for everything!