Ladybug Was Useless

Devastated.

Angry.

Guilty.

Miserable.

Shocked.

Those words listed just a bit of how Alya was feeling.

"Why didn't Ladybug save her?! Or Chat Noir?! They call themselves the heroes of Paris and they couldn't save my best friend!! I hate them!" Alya screamed, tears flooding her face.

"It turns out that Volpina tricked Chat," Nino whispered to Alya as she cried into his shoulder.

"I wish I could've helped her!" Alya sobbed loudly.

"There's nothing you could've done, Alya. None of this is your fault," Nino said shakily, his voice cracking as he held back more tears. He kept having to remind himself that he had to stay strong for Alya.

"Why didn't Ladybug help her?! She left Chat Noir by himself to save Marinette! She didn't even try helping to save my best friend!" Alya screamed before bursting into sobs again.

Nino wrapped his arms around her, holding her close like she was a broken and delicate, yet beautiful and priceless porcelain doll.

It took a lot for him to stay strong for Alya. He couldn't cry for Marinette in front of her. He had to stay strong.

"She would've wanted you to be happy, Alya. She wouldn't want to see you like this," he mumbled into her ear, closing his eyes shut so no tears could spill.

He couldn't let her know that Ladybug was Marinette. How would he tell her? She was already a wreck. Would he be the one to tell her?

Would Marinette want him to tell her she was Ladybug?

"I wish Ladybug saved her!" Alya cried, tears staining into Nino's shirt.

"She couldn't, Alya. If she could've, she would've," Nino said, his voice shaking.

"Why didn't she?!" She screamed as she started punching a pillow. She then laughed sarcastically, tears still falling down her cheeks.

"I know why she didn't save her! She thinks she's too high and mighty to save a civilian like Marinette, doesn't she?!" Alya cried, laughing and sobbing like a maniac while beating Nino's poor pillow.

Nino couldn't figure out how to tell her that Marinette was Ladybug. He was still shocked himself  for that whole matter but how would he explain to Alya that her dead best friend was her idol?

"I'm sure she had her reasons... Alya, I wish we all could have prevented it. Volpina was angry that she had ruined her chances with Adrien so she just..." He was cut off by her sobs. She threw herself onto Nino's chest and cried.

He cradled her in his arms and held her, wondering how he was going to explain that her biggest hero was also her best friend.