Marinette's Return

Marinette turned to look at Tikki and then she sat up.

"W-What's happening?" She asked, confused by her sudden burst of life.

Tikki clamped her paw over her own mouth as tears rushed down her small cheeks. She couldn't believe she was hearing Marinette's voice again.

After all this time, she came back.

Because of Mirielle, Marinette was back.

"Tikki?" Marinette's voice rang like a familiar bell.

Emotionally, Tikki flew up to Marinette and hugged her cheek, sobbing.

"What? Wait, what happened to me?" She looked down at her hands and body, realizing she was wearing her hair loose and in a white dress, no shoes on her feet.

"Wait, Tikki! We have to stop Volpina! She might hurt Chat!" Marinette panicked, suddenly standing up, not realizing she hadn't had control over her legs in a while.

"Spots o-!" She yelped before she fell to the ground with her weakened legs.

"Mirielle already took care of that," Tikki whispered, smiling, tears glimmering in her eyes.

"Mirielle? As in my second cousin? The weather girl? Cool," she remarked, smirking.

"Wait, where's my earrings?" She went to reach for her ears and not feeling anything beneath her fingers but her empty earlobes.

"The switch changed the form of your miraculous, as well as Chat Noir's. Look at your finger," Master Fu encouraged.

She noticed her miraculous was now a black ring that would turn red when she transformed. That would mean Chat's miraculous turned into...

Well, she thought, he shouldn't mind getting his ears pierced.

Memories flashed back as she remembered how Chat Noir begged her to stay with him as she took her last gasping breath.

Tears now filled her eyes. How long had she been gone?

The sun no longer shone outside, but a dark stormy cloud was in place as rain pattered on the roof.

She attempted to get up again, but her legs were not as strong as she recalled.

Master Fu and Tikki helped pull the girl to her feet. Regaining her balance temporarily, she still used the wall as support.

Her heart broke remembering how Chat cried and sobbed for her to stay with him... but she left.

"Poor Chat," she whimpered, her voice breaking.

"Your legs will regain their full strength if you keep trying. This weakness should only last a moment," Master Fu spoke.

Marinette used every bit of strength to keep her balance as she stepped away from the wall. Holding her hands out as her legs wobbled, she remained standing.

She wanted to see Chat as soon as she could. There was no way she would let her legs be weak and hold her back from her poor kitty.

"How has Chat been?" Marinette turned and asked Tikki.

"He's... um. Well, he really hates the idea of you being dead," she truthfully stated.

"He bawled his eyes out," Wayzz jumped in the conversation.

Tikki glared at him as he shrugged in response.

"I need to see him! He needs to know that I'm okay!" She cried out.

Master Fu sat her down, as did Wayzz.

"I need to go do something. I'll be back," Tikki grinned nervously as she held Mirielle's note behind her back.