With Every Goodbye, There's A New Hello

"I think there's a little one who wants to say goodbye to you first," Master Fu smiled, letting Mirielle put the earrings on one last time.

Mirielle's eyes filled with tears as she put them into her ears.

The moment Tikki appeared, she lept on to Mirielle's shoulder and cheered to see her holder, "Mirielle! You're still here!"

Mirielle let out a small laugh as she wiped away some tears, "Tikki, I'm here to say goodbye."

Tikki's smile faded away.

"Wait, what?" She asked, her small heart sinking into her stomach sadly.

"I'm going to do it. You'll have Marinette back!" She smiled, tears streaming from her eyes.

Tikki's heart fluttered excitedly, but still remained sunken at the same time.

Her face remained shocked, as she didn't know how to react to this situation.

She had been missing Marinette every second and couldn't wait to see her, but she was really sad to let Mirielle go.

"A-Are you sure?" Tikki stammered.

Mirielle nodded her head and smiled, wiping her tears.

"I'm so proud of you, Mirielle," Tikki sobbed, hugging her cheek.

"Thanks, Tikki," she whispered, more tears slipping from her eyes.

"I'm going to write my note now. Tikki, can you promise me one more thing before I go?" She asked the kwami.

"Anything, Mirielle," her small voice escaped her little mouth in a whisper.

"C-Could you please read my note to everyone that I've hurt? My mama, my dad, Alya, Adrien, and the others?" Mirielle begged, her voice nearly breaking.

"O-Of course, Mirielle," she promised, crying as well.

Mirielle smiled, closing her eyes as more tears dripped off her chin, and she held the kwami close to her shoulder in a hug.

Tikki flew up and wiped her tears away.

Mirielle began writing her note.

Dear Family, Friends, and Citizens,

I know that I've done something really bad. When Marinette died, I was sad to see how many people were so upset, so I thought I could fix the problem... only by making it worse.

I impersonated your old protector and friend, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. By doing this, I believed I was helping people cope by pretending to be her. Little did I know that what I did was such a horrific thing.

There are no words to express how sorry I am to all of you. I know there is no way to be forgiven, as I had made a terrible mistake and betrayed all of Paris.

I can only express my apology in actions. I am writing this note right now, right as I am going to give you the biggest gift I can.

I took my life for granted. Little did I know that everything I experience everyday, such as the little gust of wind that gives you the shivers, that one comment that makes you laugh, the dinner you share with your family, even the love you share between you and your parents as you hug them; all things that you shouldn't take for granted like I had.

I know that there is one girl who can't experience that anymore, so I am taking what I have and giving it to her. Due to the powers of the miraculous, I can give a deceased person my life and have her take my place.

This girl will protect Paris better than I ever could and will make this world a better place. I can guarantee that. She is one special girl.

Sincerely, Mirielle Casquet
(Aka your weather girl)

Mirielle signed the note, then folded it up and handed it to Tikki.

"Mirielle," she whimpered.

"It's okay, Tikki," she whispered, cuddling the kwami to her chest one last time.

Feeling the warm ray of the sun hit her skin for the last time gave her comfort in her decision. Mirielle smiled and let go of the kwami.

"I believe you are a good person, Mirielle. This makes you a true hero. If people don't consider this the biggest act of kindness, I don't know what is," Master Fu smiled at her.

"I just wanted to do one good thing before I leave," she laughed lightly.

"You may have made mistakes along the way, but you are truly a great hero," Tikki reminded her.

She shared one last smile with Tikki before her preparation to make the switch.

"Come along now, Mirielle. Now you must lie here and accept the switch," Master Fu invited her to sit on a bed.

When she laid down, she had never felt more at ease in her life.

Mirielle remembered all the great times she shared with her family and her old friends.

She remembered when her and Aurore used to be best friends.

She thought about how her father used to read her bedtime stories as a child about heroes and bravery.

She thought about how she used to go on walks with her mother in the park and how she would tell her all about her day in elementary school.

Smiling for the last time, Mirielle Casquet closed her eyes and accepted to take Marinette's place in death as Marinette would take her place in life.

Master Fu listened as her heart came to a slow stop.

She became motionless as suddenly she took form as a blue light.

The blue light faded, revealing a different girl.

The girl slowly opened her big blue eyes to see the world at her fingertips once more.