The Day III

When it came time to say a final goodbye to Marinette, everyone lined up, saying their last words to her, leaving a flower next to her, in her coffin.

When Alya's turn came, she saw her best friend for the first time since she was alive. She clasped a hand over her mouth, muffling her sobs.

She wanted to run, run as far as she could from this reality. She knew she had died, but subconsciously she had a small hope that Marinette was actually still alive and waiting to see her at school.

In front of Alya was the real proof that her best friend actually had died. The small piece of hope she had was shattered along with the rest of her heart. Marinette lay there in a beautiful white dress, a flower crown was arranged into her hair. She didn't look pale due to the makeup they had put on her before-hand.

She had looked like she was in a deep sleep; like she could just wake up anytime and let everyone know that she was okay.

Alya's legs felt like jello. She couldn't move them when she saw her best friend, lying there.... She looked so peaceful and alive, even though she didn't move.

"Marinette, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you when Volpina attacked you. I miss you so much and I still can't believe you're not here with me. Girl, everyone misses you. I'll miss you until the day I die. No one can ever take your place as my best friend. I'll always be your best friend, even if I can't see you," Alya sobbed to the lifeless body that used to hold her best friend.

"I'm not mad at you for not telling me about your identity. I would actually be very excited if you were still alive. I'm so proud of you, Marinette. You were my idol. I didn't idolize you just because you were a superhero. I didn't just idolize you because you were Ladybug. You've saved Paris, you've shown the world that a girl can kick butt. I'm so proud of you as a best friend. You were such a generous, loving, kind-hearted girl. I hope I can come across you at some point again, but just know something, girl. I will never forget you, Marinette. I'll remember you for as long as I live. No one can ever take your place as Ladybug or my best friend," she continued, even as tears slipped down her cheeks. Alya took off her favorite bracelet and attached it onto Marinette's limp wrist. She gave her cold hand one last squeeze before letting the next person go.

Alya still had a gigantic empty spot in her heart that would never be filled, but she felt better about saying what she needed to say to her. She ran into Nino's arms for comfort and dug her face into his chest as she sobbed about the loss of her best friend.

Nino rubbed her back in a circular motion as they sat back down, waiting for when they would do her burial.

Chloe tearfully walked up to Marinette's casket, nervously.

"I'm sorry, Marinette! I can't express how sorry I am! I never should have bullied you, you were a sweet, nice, somewhat not annoying girl! I was only jealous of you and that gave me no excuse to bully you!" Chloe warbled, crying.

She took off her favorite pair of sunglasses and put them with Marinette in the casket. She stroked Marinette's arm once before walking back to her seat.

Nathaniel's turn came up and he shakily whispered his last words to Marinette before putting his favorite sketch of her into the casket. He quickly kissed Marinette's hand to express his goodbye, then he left to his seat.

Soon enough, Adrien's turn came up. The boy just froze when he saw his beautiful princess, lying there lifelessly in a coffin, signifying her final departure.

He fell to his knees and told her what she was to him. He whispered, "My lady, I miss you so much. I feel so terribly guilty for not protecting you. You are my partner; I'm responsible for protecting you no matter what. I don't think I will ever feel the way about any other girl that I felt about you. Marinette, you were something special. I miss everything about you. For every moment that passes by, my yearning for your touch, comfort, and love grows. I feel so empty without you, my lady. I'm so sorry I didn't protect you. I don't think I will ever find it in me to forgive myself for not protecting you when you needed me. Princess, I will miss you every moment of every day. Things will never be normal without you again. You made everyday special." He placed a book of puns for her in her coffin. He knew that wherever she was, she would be groaning. The thought gave him a small smile even as the tears were falling from his eyes.

If there was one thing Adrien Agreste could wish for, it would've been bringing Marinette Dupain-Cheng back to life.