Warm Rain

Chat Noir finally made his way to the Eiffel Tower. Just as he was about to look around, he had another flashback.

Flashback

Marinette had just made her way to the front of the school.

She stopped walking once she held her hand just barely enough to feel the tiny drops of rain absorb into her warm skin.

Adrien had just walked outside and opened his umbrella, then he noticed she was there as well, so he gave her a friendly wave and a greeting.

To his disappointment, she was still under the impression that he was a male version of Chloe, so she turned away from him coldly.

He sadly put his hand down and hung his head.

"I wanted you to know that the last time you saw me, I was only trying to take the gum off your chair. It's true, you know?"

She turned to look at him, her expression softening.

"I never came to school before. I never had any friends. I guess this is all kind of new to me," he shrugged, tugging up a smile on his face once he realized he was slowly softening her heart.

He turned around and did something out of the pure kindness and chivalry of his heart: Adrien held out his black umbrella to her.

Words became stuck in her newfound dry throat, causing her to widen her big blue eyes in surprise.

She looked into his kind emerald eyes and shyly let her hand make its way to the handle of the umbrella.

Marinette made a grasp on the umbrella as Adrien's hand softly loosened his grasp, his hand sliding off of hers.

She couldn't find her words, but she continued to curiously look upon him with her wide bluebell eyes.

His kind soft eyes focused on her round curious ones for a few seconds longer, but the gaze broke once the umbrella crashed down around her head.

Adrien's pupils dilated, then he bursted out into his kind hearty laughter.

She slowly peeked out from under the umbrella and shared the laughter with her small giggles.

"I'll see you tomorrow then," he promised, turning away to wait for his limo.

Marinette dropped her backpack due to her tingling heartstrings pulling within her, then stammered her nervous goodbyes.

Adrien realized he had just made a friend, but little did he know that moment, that he would soon yearn the love of her heart and her presence.

Chat sadly leaned against the Eiffel Tower, but awaited Stormy Weather and Mirielle's arrival.

His hair dropped with water, while more hit him upon the head. He just wanted to end the feeling of loneliness and being rained upon all at once.

To his surprise, the rain stopped hitting him.

When he turned around, he found himself face to face with what he believed to be an illusion.

"Volpina! Please leave me alone!" He yelled out, his voice nearly broken as he held himself back from bursting into tears.

Marinette's heart broke when he begged her to stop. How much heartbreak did her poor partner have to endure while she was gone? It only pained her to even think of how Chat Noir reacted as her life came to an end.

"Chat," she whispered, her hand lightly grabbing his shoulder with a soft touch.

"It feels so real. Gosh, Mirielle! Is this what you've been trying to do?! Well, you got me! And thanks to that, I have to wear earrings so thanks a lot!" Chat yelled, a tear slipping from his eyes.

He wanted to believe this was Marinette. It took him every ounce of his blood, every fiber of his mind, every sense from his logic to keep him from falling for another trick. His heart tore apart when he saw the beautiful face of his true love standing before him. Mirielle's tricks only seemed to get crueler and crueler to him. Dishearteningly, he thought there was no possible way that his original partner, his Marinette could be brought back to life. The hope he felt within seemed false to his mind, but brought love to his heart.

Her dark hair fell loose upon her shoulders, her white dress hung just below her knees, and her bare feet touched the wet cement. Her eyes glowed blue and her small pink lips were slightly pursed. On her face displayed a worried and pained expression for her partner.

She looked so real that he felt that if he were to reach out, he could feel the warmth of her skin, the life she once carried.

"Chat, I- I'm me," she slipped her fingers through his.

His cold, trembling hands felt the warmth and absorbed it into his heart.

More tears fell from his eyes and over his mask. Could she... be his bugaboo?

He shuddered and sobbed, then pulled her into the safety of his arms. Finally, he thought, he held his lively princess in his arms once again. Nothing, absolutely nothing could even compare to the relief, love, and overwhelming joy he felt fill in the empty voids of his heart. Once again, he was revived. The part of him that died with his soulmate was reunited with him once more.

"Marinette..." he whispered shakily, sighing with relief as more tears fell from his eyes. His leather-covered arms wrapped around the girl he lost. She would never be lost again. He held her securely in his arms, feeling that if he were to let go, there could be the possibility that his true love could disappear with the rest of himself.

"It's okay, Kitty," she ran her fingers through his blonde hair as he buried his nose into her warm shoulder.

She dropped the umbrella carelessly and wrapped both her arms around his torso.

With the tears falling from his eyes, and the love just pouring out from her heart, their lips met with each other's and brought an endlessly amazing feeling to each.

The puzzle was finally complete.