Sick day (Vylad x Reader)

That morning, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan had left for work and Aphmau had went to Aaron's house. Y/N had been getting ready to leave for work as well. But when she came upstairs, she found Vlyad laying on the couch coughing and sneezing.

"What's wrong?," she went over to him.

He looked up from sneezing into a tissue. "Don't mind me."

She wen to feel his forehead, and realised he was burning up.

"Come on Vlyad, you need to get into bed."

"But I am in my bed."

"No, you need to be in a real bed. Not on a couch on which everyone sits." She said, helping him up.

"What bed, everyone-ohhhh."

She helped him down to the basement into her bed. Once he had at least 50 blankets on him, she was satisfied.

"Y/N, don't you have work?" Vlyad asked sluggishly.

"I'll just call in sick."She shrugged. "Now stay here, I'm going to go make some soup and tea for you."

"You don't have-" he was interrupted by himself, breaking into a violent cough.

"I should probably go to the store and grab some cough medicine, too. " Y/N thought out loud. "Wait here."

She headed upstairs and made some chicken soup and herbal tea. Stirring in some honey, she set the cup of tea on a try next to the soup and headed back downstairs. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she heard a crash. She quickly rounded the corner to see Vylad almost drunkenly digging through a crate. Y/N rushed over, putting the tray down on another crate.

"Vylad!" She pulled him up and over, back into the bed. He muttered words underneath his breath, trying to get out of bed.

"There was a bunny, and I know you like bunnies...." he slurred.

She shook her head. "I do, but you're sick, and you need to rest." She said gently, feeling his forehead. He was even hotter than before.

He shook his head back and forth. "But the bunny.." He was obviously delusional.
"Rest, Vylad." She whispered.

"Y/N..." he said softly.

"Yeah?"
"You always wanted a bunny."

"Vylad..."

"I just wanted to get you one. I just wanted you to be happy."

"I'll be happy if you rest, okay?" She whispered back, stroking his head.

"Okayyy..." he whispered, his eyes closed.

She got up and went back upstairs to run to the store. When she reached the store, she rummaged through the shelves looking for cough medicine. She finally found it, and headed back home quickly after she paid for it. Vylad was still sleeping, hopefully.

However, when she reached the house, she found Vylad sitting at the kitchen. He smiled and nodded, then talked as though he were having a conversation with someone.

"Vylad, what are you doing?"

He looked up to Y/N. "Dear friend! Come sit with us! We haven't seen you in so long!"

She looked to where he was originally talking too. "There's no one there, Vylad." She reminded him gently. "Come on, let's go back to bed."

He waved his hand at her, as though shooing her off. "No, no. You rest."

She pulled him up from his seat. "Yes, yes. You rest."

Helping him down to the basement despite his protests, Y/N set him back in bed. The tired girl gave Vylad some medicine, hoping he would fall asleep. She was starting to feel sick herself. After tucking him in, she turned to head back upstairs only for her to be stopped. Vylad had grabbed her hand.

"Yes?" She asked tiredly.

"Don't leave." He mumbled.

She sighed. "I'm sorry Vylad, but I'm tired and-"

"Then sleep here. Just don't leave." He mumbled, patting the side of bed beside him.

If there was anything Y/N had learned about Vylad over the years, it was that he didn't give up. He was quite stubborn, but he always had his reasons. And he got what he wanted most of the time. He would keep at it until he won or they gave in. He could be very persuasive.

"Scoot over." She sighed, laying down beside him. Her eyelids grew heavy and she soon drifted off.

That evening, all the girls came home to see that Y/N and Vylad were nowhere to be found.
"Maybe they're in the basement? " Aphmau suggested. They opened the basement door and called down. When no one responded, they headed down.
"Where the heck are-" Katelyn began but stopped. Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan looked to see what had cause Katelyn to stop talking.

Laying the the bed, Y/N and Vylad were lying in bed, sleeping. Y/N was curled up in Vylad's side, Vylad arms wrapped around her.

Kawaii~Chan's face light up and she opened up her mouth only for Aphmau to slap her hand over it.

"Don't ruin this for me, Kawaii~Chan!" Aphmau hissed, then squealed quietly.

Katelyn noticed the cough medicine and piles of tissue. Tip-toeing over, she felt both of their foreheads. "They're both burning up. They must be sick."

Aphmau motioned Katelyn over. "Let's leave them alone."

Before she went upstairs, Aphmau looked to see a small smile on both Y/N and Vylad's faces.

On the bright side, they could be sick together.