Bets (Zane x Reader)

"Are you wifi? Because I feel a connection."

"Connection lost. Sorry."

You responded, not looking up from your book. Travis sighed and fell back into the couch as you shook your head. "Come on, Travis. Katelyn doesn't want to hear a pickup line. Just talk to her like a normal person. Besides, I thought you were over the pickup line phase."

"Well, I was!" He blew a strand of white hair out of his face in frustration.

Setting down your book, you looked over at him. "You were?"

"Yes, I was, but then she got that app or whatever-"

"Mystic Messanger." You interjected.

"-and I'm pretty sure she talks to that nonexistent hot dude more than she talks to anyone, or more specifically, Moi." He finished, throwing his hands up dramatically.

Looking over at the distressed white-haired male, you held back the urge to laugh. And you thought you were dramatic. 

Travis had come to you that morning with a dilemma. And now you were trying to convince him to not go Katelyn and spew a million cheesy pickup lines on her. It wasn't working very well since you weren't sure how to boost his confidence without boosting his ego.

"Travis," You sighed, "I suggest you go to Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan's house and have a nice casual conversation with Katelyn. As friends."

He jumped up, "You know what, why not! Maybe I can slip in a few pickup lines and she won't even notice!"

And then he raced out your house.

"Wait!" You ran outside, after him. "Don't use any pickup lines!"

You sighed, and someone chuckled from behind you. "That's going to explode in his face."

You turned to see Zane, who was watching Travis run down the street in amusement. You rolled your eyes as a smile tugged at your lips. "You ought to have more faith in your friends, Zane. Maybe it will work out for him."

"Yeah, right," He snorted. "As if Travis could get a date."

"Well," You smirked, "I'd like to see you get a date."

Zane paled, (if even possible) and his laughter immediately died. "What?"

Your smirk grew. "I bet you couldn't get a date."

He pulled at his collar uncomfortably. "I bet I could. I bet I could and you couldn't."

"How much?"

"What?"

"How much are you willing to bet?"

"Twenty bucks."

"You're on."

And so began the dating wars.

After one day of running around to see if anyone was free and/or single, you hadn't gotten a date. And now you were pretty sure you owed Zane twenty bucks. In your desperation, you came to your last resort. Pulling out your phone, you scrolled through your contacts and pressed the name decorated with pink emojis. After two rings, they picked up.

"Hello, Y/N~Chan!" A cheerful voice rang through.

"Hello, Kawaii~Chan," You replied, "Listen, I need a favor..."

"I got a date." You and Zane said at the same time. 

"Really?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Yes," He rolled his eyes, "You make it sound like it's hard to believe."

"Well," You chuckled, "It kind of is."

"Who are you going on a date with then?" He questioned, lying back onto your couch.

You had both decided to meet at your house after the day and share your results. So far, It looked like no one was getting any money but you were both getting dates. Well, in your case, a blind date.

You had called in a favor from Kawaii~Chan and had snagged a blind date when one of Kawaii~Chan's friends. She had claimed he was more than happy to go with me, and we could meet at Olive Garden.

"It's a secret," You blushed, not wanting to admit your somewhat-cheating, "What about you?"

"In that case, it's a secret, too," He huffed.

"So, how about this," You grinned, "Twenty bucks, I get the hotter date."

He narrowed his eyes but his lips curled in a smirk. "You're on."

An hour later, you found yourself waiting outside Olive Garden. Aphmau had lent you a dress and done your hair and makeup because she was a little too excited you were going on a date. When you had broken the news, she had exclaimed, "It's about time! I knew someone would ask you out!"

You decided to take that as a compliment.

Now, standing outside the restaurant, you hoped your date wouldn't stand you up. You and Zane had agreed to ask your dates for a selfie at some point so you could send a picture to one another and see who had one.

Kawaii~Chan had claimed your date was pretty attractive, so you were feeling somewhat confident. She had left out his name, though, so all ou knew was to meet him beside a bench outside.

"Excuse me, are you..." You turned to see a handsome man dressed in a suit looking at you in shock. When you realised who it was, your eyes widened.

"Zane?!"

You stared at each other for a second before he lifted up his phone and took a picture of you. You stood frozen as he tapped away at his phone. Suddenly, you're phone let out a ding. Pulling it out, you looked to see you had a new message. You tapped on it, seeing it was from Zane.

"Why are you texting me when I'm right in front of..." You trailed off as you looked at what he had sent you.

There was the picture he had taken of you, and a message was attached.

I win.