High School Musical Soulmates (Laurence x Reader) Part 2

"Y/N! I know you're in there!"

You held your breath and started counting in your head. Maybe he would go away if you stayed silent long enough.

When Laurence had said those stupid, clique, teenage-memories-revisited words, you had done the first thing that came to mind. No, you didn't admit your undying love for the guy you were good friends with and secretly liked, you didn't kiss him, you didn't hug him, and you didn't break into song.

You ran away.

Your current location was in the janitor's closet. No amount of the overpowering smell of cleaning supplies or the musky air that made your skin crawl could be worse than having to tell Laurence that he had spoken the Irene-forsaken words on your back. You just couldn't bring yourself to face him. You had seen the way he looked at Aphmau. You didn't even want to imagine the disappointment on his face if he found out you were his soulmate.

But somehow, he had found your hideout and had spent the last ten minutes trying to coax you out.

"Y/N, at least tell me what's wrong! Or just say something, please!" 

Although he couldn't see you, you just shook your head. Maybe it was all a mistake. Maybe you really were soulmates with Zac Efron.

"I'm staying here until you tell me what's wrong." You heard him sit down and lean his back against the door.

After a few minutes of holding back tears, you finally let it all out as quietly as you could. This day had gone from bad to a train wreck in mere seconds. Why Irene and the rest of the Irene-forsaken universe hated you, you weren't sure. But there was one thing you were sure about, you were scared.

You knew you'd have to tell Laurence eventually. It wasn't fair to keep it from him, he deserved to know. You could already see the look on his face now. It hurt to even think about it.

"You don't have to be afraid, Y/N, you can tell me." Laurence's voice came through.

You took in a deep breath and turned to the door. "I'm not afraid, I'm just... scared."

Suddenly, Laurence's side went dead silent. You couldn't even hear him breathing. Clearly, you had done or said something wrong. You waited for a few seconds before calling out his name quietly. 

"Laurence?"

After a couple minutes, you heard a few quiet sounds. A sound of crinkling perked you up, and you looked down to see a piece of paper pushed under the door.

Picking it up, you unfolded the note.

Don't be afraid, afraid to fall. You know I'll catch you through it all.

"Isn't that from High Sc-" Your eyes widened and you threw open the door to see a smiling Laurence. You rushed to him and nearly attacked him a hug while he laughed.

"Hello, soulmate."

___________________________

LOOK AngeltheSeaweedBrain I FINALLY FINISHED IT

also

My friend sent me this OTP prompt she wanted to do earlier, this is it:

  Superhero AU: Person A is in love with Person B and asks out Person B, but is rejected because Person B is in love with the superhero Person C. Later Person B's superhero identity 'Person D' asks out 'Person C,' but Person C rejects Person D because they are heartbroken over being rejected by Person B, not realising that Person D is Person B. Person B also doesn't know that Person C is Person A who they rejected earlier.  

So I told her, "But that's how Miraculous Ladybug is going to end!"

don'tkillmebye.