Riddikulious Love (Lucinda x Laurence) Part 1

"Aw, that was cute!"

Laurence cooed over a couple who were now blushing and holding hands. He was a sucker for Yule Ball proposals. Hearing a sigh, he glanced over at his comrade. The orange-haired witch simply shook her head at the sight.

He grinned. "What's wrong, Luci? Don't you love romance?"

"Normally, yes," She groaned, "But look who it is."

Taking a close look at the couple, he winced internally when he realized why they had looked familiar. Now he wanted to go rip the once-adorable couple's faces off. It had been two weeks since Lucinda and Ivan had broken up, and Laurence could tell she was still hurt over it. Yet there Ivan stood, now hand in hand with Michi. And even worse, she now had no date to the Yule Ball.

"Stupid Cheating Bastad, He is," Laurence mumbled, "Deserves a good hexing..."

Lucinda remained silent, still watching the couple. It hurt him to know she was hurting. Maybe now was his chance.

"Hey, Luci..."

Suddenly, students began stampeding down the hallway, coming from every direction.

"See you later, Laurence!" She called to him, disappearing into the crowd.

He groaned. He'd have to try again later, but for now, he only had potions to look forward to.

"Who are you going with, Laurence?"

Laurence snapped out of his thoughts to see a couple looking at him expectedly.

He cleared his throat, "Well..."

"He wants to go with Lucinda but he isn't man enough to ask her," Dante grinned.

"Hey!" The brown-haired male glared at his friend as everyone else laughed. "And who are you going with, Dante?"

"I was man enough to get a date with the hottest girl in the school," Dante winked at him, "Nicole Scaleswind."

"And also my best friend, so watch it, Dante," A blue-haired girl replied cooly as she sat down.

Dante rolled his eyes. "Irene, I will. Who are you going with, Katelyn?"

"She's going with me," Travis smirked as he sat down and threw an arm around her.

The table stared at them for a couple seconds.

"What? Can we not go together?" Katelyn questioned.

Laughter and groans broke from all over the table as coins were exchanged. Garroth gave the two a withering look.

"Thanks a lot, that was my Hogsmeade money." 

As the table continued its bickering, Aphmau turned to Laurence.

Aphmau chuckled, "Just ask Luci already, Laurence."

"You know what, I will!" He stood up and marched to where Lucinda sat the Slytherin table.

It was now or never, and he knew he wasn't going to get the courage by just sitting around. He was a Gryffindor, after all! he was born to be brave.

Tapping Lucinda on the shoulder, she turned around to come face to face with him.

"Yes, Laurence?"

"WillyougototheYuleballwithme?" 

And conveitnly, everyone got silent at that exact moment.

She opened her mouth to respond, but no words came out. Her face had blushed bright pink just like Laurence's, and the two stared at each other in silence for a minute.

"You don't have to say yes-" Laurence started.

"No! I mean, yes, I'd love to!" Lucinda blurted out.

"O-ok, good! Yeah, great!" A grin grew on the Gryffindor's face.

She laughed. "Great indeed."

The silence in the great hall was broken by a yell from the Gryffindor table.

"COME ON THAT WAS MY HOGSMEADE MONEY!"