Blind Love (Garroth x Reader)

You stumbled through the forest, nearly tripping over... something.

You couldn't tell what it was. You couldn't tell what anything was.

You couldn't see.

Watch out, Y/N!

You whipped around, trying to find the voice that had called out to you. Realizing it was only in your head, you sighed and continued on. 

It felt like so long ago you were playing with Garroth, Zane, and Vylad in the castle. Hide and Seek and Tag in the grand palace was child's play. Now it was just you because of your own foolishness. You shouldn't have been so curious. They had warned you about shadow souls, but you hadn't listened. And because of that, you were without your sight.

Every once in a while your vision would return, just long enough for you to tell where you were. Then it was gone. The Irene-forsaken shadow soul had possessed you and led you to trip and fall into briars, scratching your eyes. Nothing you had hopelessly tried had worked. 

Y/N! Y/N!

By now, you were sure you were going crazy. The voices were getting louder and louder. It was all in your head, though.

Y/N! Please, it's me!

That surely wasn't in your head. You turned around in every direction wildly. It was him. It was him!

"Garroth?!"

Suddenly, two arms wrapped around you and you were enveloped in warmth. You felt tears run down your cheeks as you pulled an arm free from his embrace and raised it, shaking.

"Garroth?" You whispered, running your hand gently over his face.

"Yes, Y/N," He spoke softly, "It's me, it's me."

You let out a half-laugh-half-sob as he kissed your forehead. You were safe now, everything was going to be okay.

And then everything became bright. Blinking, you watched as everything appeared before you. Your vision was restored. You could see.

"I can see!" You cried, "Garroth, I can see!"

He smiled as tears ran down his face as well. Before he could speak, you laughed.

"Garroth, you're so handsome. How did I not realise that before?"

________________________________

Prompt from -angelseaweedbrain cause she's awesome like that. Sorry it was so short!