Grocery Store Superhero (Dante x Reader)

It all started with a trip to the grocery store.

Dante had insisted you and him went to the store that night before you two had your weekly movie night, with the excuse you were both out of the movie night essentials. Apparently, you couldn't watch Superman without popcorn. So you had soon found yourself in the candy aisle searching an oddly specific brand of candy.

"What the heck is... New Meteli dark chocolate?" You read the list Dante had given you, your eyebrows furrowing. You had never heard of such a chocolate, and you have eaten a lot of chocolate in your life.

Dante always had been one for odd food, though. Thinking about his liking to weird food made you chuckle. Dante and you had been good friends for a very long time. You had a crush on him, but you didn't want to ruin your friendship. So you played along in the friendship game.

The thought sobered your mood and you sighed as you continued to search for the rare chocolate. 

"You come here often?"

You looked up to see a guy smirking at you. Your eyes narrowed at him. Oh Irene, not this.

"Not anymore," You turned and walked away. Dante would have to live without his non-existent chocolate.

The guy caught up to you, falling into step beside you. "So what are you doing tonight?"

You eyed the guy. He just wouldn't give up. Or learn how to take a hint. Maybe if you made a run for it, you could get away. 

"Stuff." You deadpanned. "And if you don't mind, I must get to doing that so..."

He chuckled. "How about you and me go and get some drinks?"

By now, you had nearly lost it. You stopped in your tracks and said the first thing that came to mind.

"Sorry, but I just remembered that my boyfriend and I have plans to save the world tonight."

The guy opened his mouth to respond, but thank Irene, Dante came strolling down the aisle at that exact moment. What he did next was what you weren't prepared for.

"Hey, babe." Dante swung his arm around your shoulder and gave you a peck on the cheek.

If he hadn't had his arm around your shoulder, you might have fainted right there and then. Restraining yourself from reaching up to touch where he had kissed you, you choked out a response. "Hey... Babe."

"This guy bothering you?" Dante's gaze hardened as he looked the guy up and down.

The creep held his hands up in defense. "Woah, man. No need to go all Hulk on me. I was just going."

And with that, he scurried off faster than The Flash.

"You okay, Y/N?" Dante looked down at you. 

You nodded before chuckling. "Yeah. Thanks, Superman."

"No problem. " He winked at you. "Now, let's go save the world, Superwoman."

As you walked out of the store, you realised Dante still had his arm around you.

And he never did let go.

-------------------------------------------

Here ya go, @KatCanRule 

You're right, Dante x Readers are hard to find, xD.

Just ignore those superhero references.

I hope this satisfies your request!