Destined? Yeah, Right. (Gene x Reader)

"Hey Y/N, look." Gene pointed over to a small tent-like both with a colorful sign outside it.

"Fortune telling?" You raised an eyebrow, reading the sign.

"Let's get our fortune's told." He grinned, walking over to it.

You rolled your eyes. "It sounds stupid, but okay."

You and Gene had been good friends since high school, and decided to move in with each other after college. There was a fall festival going on the week you moved in, so you both decided to go.

Lifting up the tent flap, you followed Gene inside. A young woman wearing colorful robes and many bangles and jewelry sat at a table with a transparent ball, her eyes closed. You and Gene stared at her until she motioned for you to sit down without a word.

Gene leaned over to you and whispered out of the corner of his mouth. "Maybe this was a bad idea."

You snorted and went to retort but the woman suddenly opened her eyes and smiled.

"Ah, you are a couple, I presume?" She winked at you and you quickly shook your head.

"Yes." Gene grinned, and you elbowed him.

"No, we are not." You glared at him.

"Yet." He added with a smirk.

The woman chuckled and drew the crystal ball closer to her and looked at it closely. "Let's see..."

You and Gene watched her intensely as she moved her hands around the ball in a circular motion, and then stop abruptly. She looked even closer, her nose almost touching the globe.

"Ah," She smiled. "Interesting."

She straightened up and looked at the both of you. "It turns out you were right, sir."

Gene looked confused. "Um, about what?"

She chuckled. "You two..."

By now you and Gene were on the edge of your seats; you could barely take the anticipation.

The fortune teller continued. "You two are destined lovers, and you will soon be brought together by the powers of fate."

And right then you fell out of your seat.

"Ow," you moaned as Gene laughed. The fortune teller sent him a disapproving look and he stopped and helped you up.

You rubbed your head as you sat back down. "Listen, I don't doubt your abilities to see the future, or something, but I don't think so."

Gene winked at you. "Maybe she's right, babe."

You glared at him and threw twenty bucks onto the table. "Thanks."

You left the tent huffing as Gene continued to tease you.

"Hey, aren't we going to your cousin's wedding next week?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" you asked.

"Maybe you'll catch her bouquet." He mused until you shoved him.

You and Gene were at your cousins wedding, and nothing had happened yet, no one had even asked if you were a couple, which was unusual.

Gene was still bothering you about catching the bouquet, so you had decided to stand as far away as possible. (Which wasn't very far, considering the room was crowded.)

"Getting ready to catch some flowers, Y/N?"

You turned to see a smirking Gene. You rolled your eyes and stuck your tongue out at him. He raised a dark eyebrow at you and you sighed.