Mermaid for Each Other (Travis x Katelyn)

"Fish bait."

"Sweetheart."

"Lone Shark."

"You know I am."

She rolled her eyes as he winked at her. Turning, the blue-haired mermaid headed off, hoping to lose her unwanted admirer. But alas, he followed, his green tail flicking at a nearby fish. She messed up big time and now she would have to pay.

"Come on, it's this or I'll have to tell the sirens. And I know you wouldn't want that."

She huffed and directed her gaze towards a passing-by school of fish. Once again, the mermaid had been spotted by a human due to her recklessness. She thought she was off the hook (no pun intended) until the white-haired merman had spotted her.

It was a rule in the mermaiden society that if a mermaid was to be seen by a human, they must report it to the sirens and face the consequences. If the mermaid or merman who was spotted didn't, anyone who saw or suspected they had been spotted was to report it and the mermaid or merman would face even worse punishment.

But Travis had decided to spare her if she gave him one little thing.

"I am not kissing you." She glared at him, speeding up.

He hurried with her. "Just one little kiss! I want to know what it's like to kiss a siren."

"I'm not a siren yet!"

"I dunno, I think you're pretty alluring."

She hit his arm with her tail as she stopped to face him. "Listen, can we not just forget this ever happened?"

"No can do," He winked at her, "Except if you want to maybe give me that kiss."

She threw back her head and let out a loud groan, scaring the school of fish that swam nearby. He chuckled at her and grabbed her hand, pulling her along. "I'm just kidding. You don't think I'd really tell, now do you?"

The bluenette looked over into his deep green eyes. They were filled with amusement, bit behind that here was sincerity. She'd always liked that about him, the way he could laugh it off and joke around but still be genuine. She had always wished she possessed such a personality.

"Maybe."  A smile tugged at her lips.

He put his hand over his heart in mock offence. "Katelyn! I would never!"

"Oh but you would!" She laughed.

Their chuckles could be heard from all over the sea, fish seemingly smiling at the young couple. Their spirits were so compatible that it was almost hilarious. What was even more hilarious was the way they hadn't even noticed.

Or so one could think.

Maybe his flirting was truly genuine.

Maybe her bantering was because she enjoyed hearing his responses.

"Now, I didn't see anything," He winked at her once again, "And you weren't seen."

She nodded, her eyes dancing with amusement . "Understood."

As he turned to go his separate way, she suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled him back. The mermaid planted a soft kiss on the stunned merman's cheek and smiled. "Thanks."

"Well, thank you!" He stuttered as she chuckled.

He blushed and straightened up to make sure she didn't get the best of him. "What does that mean then?"

She shrugged. "Whatever you'd like to take it as."

He grinned.

"I guess we mermaid for each other."

________________________________

HEY
IM BACK
BACK AGAIN
ETMISG IS BACK
TELL A FRIEND

I love mermaid AUs. I just wanna make everyone a mermaid. Including Celestia.

*cough* BUBBLE PUPPY *cough*

Anyway, announcement time!

I have a new book planned, and it should be out soon! It continues the Cadenza x Garroth (if the shoe fits) oneshot I made, but that isn't the main focus of the story. In fact, it has a pretty decent plot and it isn't a gardenza or whatever that ship name is book. It's multiple ships, multiple different relationships, conflicts, and backgrounds.

also it's a fairytale au.

that should be out soon, so keep an eye out for it 

AND 

I have two more requests that should be up soon!

ALSO

If you like a certain ship/pairing/whatever the cool kids call it these day, let me know in the comments! That way I can know what to do more of!

Thanks!

Have a good day/night!