Dangerous Curses (Zenix x Reader)

"Do you sell cures for dangerous curses that no one has ever heard of?"

Zenix glanced up from the book he was so deeply interested in to see a soaking wet girl gasping for air. Was it even raining outside? A loud roll of thunder sounded from outside, answering his question. 

No one came to the shop this late at night. No one really came to the shop in general, unless they were looking to get cheap revenge or were rust evil to the bone. And they were never great conversationalists. This girl had talked more than anyone who had ever come to the shop had and she had only said one sentence.  Setting down his book, he watched as the girl stood up straighter and looked directly at him.

"Do you?"

"Umm..." He scratched his head, "Ma'am, you are aware this is a dark magic shop, right?"

"Yes," she responded impatiently, "Who better to sell it than the place that sells what causes the dangerous curses?"

Zenix hadn't the foggiest idea who this young woman was but he felt like he could relate to her on an emotional level. Opening his mouth to reply, he was stopped as she let out a long sigh and plopped down in the nearest chair.

"Nevermind, it's not for anyone important anyway." 

"Do you mind if I ask why you need the cure?" He inquired.

He would admit he was rather curious. No one had ever come to the shop for cures.

She let out a tired chuckled. "Well, you see, it all started with this cat..."

"...And that is why my roommate is currently throwing up slugs."

Zenix felt like he should be at least the tiniest bit fazed by this, but he had experienced the crazy antics of Gene and Sasha before. It was a good thing Balto was able to knock some sense into them, or they surely would have burned the shop down by now. Or gotten arrested.

Or both.

"Have you tried a poison antidote?" He questioned, standing up and making his way towards the shelves.

"Yes, and it didn't work," She mused, "But personally, I wouldn't mind if she suffered for a little longer. That's what she gets for using my potion ingredients."

Zenix chuckled as he searched the shelf for potion ingredients. His hand grazed over a familiar vile and he grabbed it. "Here it is."

Turning back to the girl, he held it out to her and she accepted it gratefully.

"I should probably head out now." She gave him a nod, heading towards the door.

"Wait!"

She turned to see him holding out an umbrella. He grew uncomfortable as she simply stared at him.

"Because... it's raining." He explained lamely.

But she simply smiled and took it.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"Excuse me sir, but do you sell dangerous curses for cures?"

Zenix grinned as he looked up to see a familiar face. "Why I do believe I haven't heard that one yet."

Rolling her eyes, Y/N chuckled and plopped down beside him. "I thought I'd mix it up today. It being our one year anniversary of me walking into this shop."

"I like your normal greeting." He grinned.

"But no one's cursed this time," She winked at him, "Except you, for being cursed with those devilishly good looks."

"OH MY IRENE JUST ASK HER OUT ALREADY ZENIX!" A voice yelled from upstairs.

"GENE!" A voice shouted back, "IF YOU KEEP ON RUINING THE MOMENT IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!"

Y/N laughed as the couple continued to banter from upstairs. 

"You wouldn't be laughing if you lived with them," Zenix groaned.

She continued giggling, "They seem like fun. Here, why don't I solve the problem?"

"What-"

"Zenix," She winked, "Would you like to go out with me?"

He felt his face grow red. This was what he'd been waiting for. This was it.

"JUST SAY YES!"

"SHUT UP, GENE!"

Zenix opened his mouth but only a series of stutters came out. "I... U-um..."

"You don't have to say yes," She shrugged.

"No! I mean, Yes! I mean yes. I would love to."

"Great, now do you actually have some dangerous curses?"

"Yeah, why?"

"My roommate used my potion ingreadents again."