On My Mind (Vylad x Reader)

"If it isn't the two missing Ro'Meaves." You heard a cruel voice sneer. You snuck around the corner and fixed your sight on her target. A smirk stuck to her face, Ivy's aura was dark red.

Pure Evil.

You had come along with Garroth and Vylad to try and get information about anything you could, at this point. As well as saving their mother, of course. But your rare ability to see into one's mind made you useful in getting information. Although Vylad hadn't wanted you to come, you had insisted. 

You wanted to help as much as you could.

Garroth responded bitterly, but you had completely zoned out everything around her. You could only see Ivy's current thoughts and not the information they needed. You would need to get fully into her mind. Creeping closer, you focused entirely on breaking into Ivy's mind. Unfortunately, her mind was heavily guarded. If you weren't careful, Ivy would notice and retaliate. And that was the last thing they needed.

Focusing harder, you pushed harder into her memories. You stopped when you spotted the word "relic". A surge of excitement rushed over you. You broke into the memory quickly, acting carelessly. You were thrown back into reality as Ivy's head snapped over to where you were hiding. In a flash, Ivy had her sword at your throat.

Acting quickly, you slammed your sword into Ivy's and dodged another hit. You got in a few more hits and backed up so you were in Garroth and Vylad's direct line of vision. Pulling her sword up in a defensive position, you tried one more time to quickly grab the information from your opponent's brain. The information Ivy had about the relics was necessary in order to save as many lives as possible.

And get revenge for the lives that weren't able to be saved.

Since there was no need to be careful breaking in this time, You rushed to collect as much data you could find. But her eyes widened when you came upon the most shocking one you had seen. Digging deeper, you let out a gasp. You couldn't believe it.

Taking advantage of your meek second of distraction, Ivy stabbed you on the first place she could find that wasn't covered with armor.

A small crack in your armor, right on the left section of your stomach.

You were brutally forced back into real life by the extreme pain that shot through her torso. Gasping a choked breath, you fell on your back as Ivy slid her weapon out of your stomach. Her vision blurred slightly, and you felt dizzy. Above her, Ivy stood smirking. Turning back to Garroth and Vylad, You smirked at Vylad. "Tsk, tsk. What kind of person sends their girlfriend to do their dirty work?"

The only thing on Vylad's mind as Ivy stood in front of them was if you would be safe. He hadn't wanted you to come in the first place, yet here they were. Distracting Ivy as you attempted to search Ivy's mind for any information about the relics. If it had been up to Vylad, he would have made sure you were as far away for Okasis as possible. He had experienced enough loss in his life. Losing you would be the end of him.

Suddenly, Vylad was pulled out of his thoughts when Ivy's head snapped to her left. Vylad went into a state of full mental panic.

She had seen you.

Vylad barely had time to react as you soon were in combat with Ivy. They both were moving so fast it seemed like the fight was only taking seconds. Getting in a few good hits, your eyes suddenly glazed over slightly and her pupils turned bright blue. You were looking into Ivy's mind. Vylad started to run and attack Ivy but stopped when Ivy retaliated.

Stabbing you right in the stomach.

The one thing that was on your mind still as you laid there was what you had seen in Ivy's mind. As You added all the facts up, it did seem plausible. Which made you even more shocked, not only at the fact it was probably true but at that fact you hadn't figured it out.