Stars ( Travis x Katelyn)

On Autumn nights, the sky gathers its stars and looks down to the earth, begging for one soul to notice them.

That soul was her.

The constantly-smirking brunette had invited them all to a night on his parents' farm. By the time the sun had set, they had found themselves in the field drowning down root beer and cream soda, fueling newfound energy the night seemed to bring. Laughter and chatter filled the air but the bluenette was yet to participate.

Aphmau and Aaron grasped each other's hands as the talked, making their attraction for each other even more eminent, if even possible. Katelyn would have smirked at the sight of Aphmau's blushing face, but she felt too at peace to show much emotion at the moment. Laurence and Garroth were laughing obnoxiously while Zane rolled his eyes at them. Yet a small smile still remained on the dark-haired male's face as he listened in on a conversation a nearby Mefwia was having with an orange-haired witch. Dante was running around like a child as Nicole chased him, laughing. The lightheartedness of the group made Katelyn almost want to join in.

But instead, she sat near the fire.

Her blue eyes glazed upon the flames' game of hide and seek they played the logs. In and out, there and then gone. While the others thrived in their overwhelming dosage of conversation, she sat alone by her new friends, the flames.

Her mind cursed herself for not bringing a jacket. The only thing that could distract her from her lack of heat was the sky.

Autumn nights in the open fields were blessings to humankind, was what she had learned. So vast and so wide was the world she sat in, it was hardly comprehensible. One felt as though they could hold the world yet never escape it. To squint hard enough meant one could see that there were more than just the stars that shined through. There was every bit of searing darkness blanketed by the minuscule jewels.

You just had to look hard enough.

"Why aren't you enjoying the party?"

There he was. A smile tugged at her lips as she looked up into a pair of emerald eyes. She knew he was bound to find her eventually.

"I am enjoying the party."

"Over here, in front of the fire, by yourself?" He shook his head and plopped down beside her into a camping chair. "I'd beg to differ, personally."

She chuckled and returned to gaze at the sky. "Why are you not off enjoying the party, then?"

"Well, you just looked like you were having so much fun and I had to join you." He smirked.

"Touché." She simply responded.

The crinkle of soft fabric filled her ears as he looked up into the sky with her. He made no comment about her odd refusal to socialize and simply joined her in her star-watching.

She liked that.

In that moment is was just her, him, and the sky's wonders.

A crisp wind blew past, interrupting their moment. She bit her lip as she rubbed her shoulders and tried to ignore her lowering body temperature. If there was one thing she had learned so far, it was to never forget a coat. She would have much rather had overpacked and brought a thicker jacket than her sweater than sat in the cold. Her foolishness had messed up her peace once again.

Suddenly, a warm, soft material was pressed against her skin. Katelyn glanced down to see a green sweatshirt that clearly belonged to the white-haired male beside her being pressed into her arms. "I'm fine."

"You're shivering." He retorted.

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she accepted the warmth of the hoodie and pulled it around her.

"You know," His voice drifted through her ears, "My mother always said that stars were the souls of the lost loved ones."

The female nodded and responded without thought. "How tragically beautiful. The sky is a graveyard full of stars."

He remained silent for a while, and she turned to see the male's green eyes glassy with tears and a huge smile on his face.

"Travis?"

"She became a star."

-------------------------------------

This was a part of a book, that's why you recognize it. I'm kinda low on time right now.

I'm halfway through midterms! I just spent a couple hours on and off studying and my brain feels like total mush. So this is just here for the ones who haven't read it to save me some more time to finish all requests.

HAVE A NICE DAY/NIGHT! YAY TIMEZONES!