Chapter 5

~Beauty~

And like that, my fate was thrown into The Beast hands.

I hate this. I hate that this is happening. I was just in school this morning. How did so much change in such little time? I have no idea what's going to happen to me now. All I can picture is meeting the same gruesome fate all his other victims must have encountered. I'll find out the truth about The Beast. I'll find out if he's a cannibal or if he has his own graveyard in the woods. My mother was the one who was suppose to find this out but now it's me. It's a twisted sacrifice, one I didn't get really to make.

"But I know." The Beast looks up from the ground, letting his hood fall. I don't know how I was expecting him to look like - but I definitely wasn't expecting this.

His eyes are the most human part of him. Lines that are bulging and bright run in curvy patterns all over his face and neck. They look almost like veins. The end of his nose is yanked upwards resembling a pig's and a set of fangs give him an overbite. As for the hair on his head, it's black tips brush his forehead creating a normal, messy looking haircut. There's only a shadow of human in his appearance,

I stand there, quietly taking it all in.

This is insane. Is he even human?

As I meet his gaze, I realize he's anxious. Is he anxious on how I'll react to his appearance? Insecure? His eyes hold too much emotion and understanding to not be human.

How did he get this way? Or was he born like this?

A million questions and thoughts swirl in my head and my heartbeat quickens. Was it not enough to be kidnapped? Now I know I'm dealing with a . . . I don't even know what. A beast? Well, now his title as 'The Beast' holds an unsettling irony.

"Carina, take her to the guest bedroom and lock her in." His dark voice brings me back into focus. "You may bring her food if she's hungry." The Beast begins to walk away, as if his job is done. Does he even realize the weight of what he's done?

"I'm not going anywhere," I state determination flowing back into me. If he locks me up that might mean the end of it. I might never have another chance to escape.

He turns back around, a grimace on his face. "If she gives you any trouble," he looks to me," just let me know and I'll take care of it."

I definitely do not want to test him but I try to not show he intimates me by staring him down as he leaves down the hallway.

"You can't fight fire with fire," the woman, or Carina, says while giving me an intent look. She then walks down the hallway and calls over her shoulder. "Come on! I'll take you to your room."

I slowly follow behind. We leave the hallway and cross the living room to another hallway. This one is short and has a spiral staircase going up and down it. Right behind the stairs is a door I figure leads to my room.

My room? I expected a closet or basement.

"You might be next to the stairs but that doesn't mean you should try and escape. My room is on the bottom and Ga-" she cuts herself off,"-his is at the top. "You can easily be caught." She takes out a set of keys from her robe and unlocks the door. "The floors creak very loudly."

My eyebrow lifts. I can't help but question the intention of what she just said. It sounded more like she was giving me pointers on how to survive, not threatening me. Maybe this isn't her first rodeo. Is she trapped here as well?

She opens it, motioning for me to go inside. Everything in me is screaming no. I have to force myself in. The door closes behind me with a sick thud and I can hear her locking it behind me.

"Sorry, love..." she mumbles.

I don't even take in the room. I just run onto the bed and cry. Cry for my safety, cry because of my mother's betrayal, cry for Grayson, even cry for my books. Home wasn't much, but when it's taken away from you, you realize how much comfort it holds.

~The Beast~

I can hear her sobbing below me. It's been like three hours! Why won't she stop? I haven't even hurt her!

I hold the only rose I have left and the twinge of guilt I felt in my heart numbs. It's all her mom's fault. She deserves this. But what really bothers me is the fact that I took her with me.

What was her name?

Belle. I heard her mother use it. It's a beautiful name.

Why did I take Belle? I got my rose back. What more did I want? For someone to suffer and pay the price? No. If I wanted that I would have took her mother. Belle did nothing wrong.

I try to push the thinking aside but it refuses to leave me in peace. It's why I'm sitting here thinking instead of sleeping.

You took her because you're weak.

"Uh! This is stupid!" I shout and kick the stool I was sitting on. I'm not weak.

You were lonely. You want someone to love you.

No. I don't need anybody! My parents use to tell me that you shouldn't rely on others and before I looked like this, I didn't. I was only around others for entertainment and when they got annoying, I cut them off. I never needed anyone. I still don't need anyone.

You can't be loved and that bothers you.

No. I didn't take Belle because I need someone. I was just confused, it was a long chaotic night. It was just a mistake. After all, it isn't my fault this happened, it's her mother's. If she wouldn't have stolen from me in the first place Belle wouldn't be here right now.

This just leaves one problem: How will I deal with my mistake? What will I do with Belle?

~The Hunter~

"We'll do everything we can to find her," the policeman says giving me the fake reassuring look he probably gives everybody.

"That's it?!" I yell. The whole station stops and turns around looking at me with curious gazes.

Belle's mother puts a hand on my shoulder to soothe me. "Grayson, let the police do their job."

"No!" I shout twisting my shoulder away from her. She's the last person that should be talking now. "You don't even care about Belle! You're just happy he didn't take you!" Silence.

"I'm right, aren't I?"

"You're tired-"

The words shoot out of my mouth like bullets before I can stop them. "You know Belle loves you right? She loves you more than you deserve! She was gonna go meet a murderer for you! She thought you were worth it and what do you do to repay her? You gladly let The Beast take her away!"

"I did not gladly let him take her! She's my daughter, Grayson. I love her more than you ever could." Her eyes glisten with tears and remember that she's a mother who just lost her child. I sigh. The guilt settles in and I stare at my feet.

"Well . . ." I mutter. "You've always had a funny way of showing it." I walk out of the police station knowing that I won't just leave it up to the police. I need Belle home as soon as possible and I don't think I trust that the police and detective will be enough. Even if they are, I still want to help. I'll look for Belle too and I won't stop until I bring her home.

Author's Note- I hope you liked it and if you did don't forget to vote and comment! ♡