Chapter 5

LOGAN POV

God, what time is it?

The sudden movement of the body I'm holding awakens me, and when I look up, I see Savannah looking to her right. I close my eyes so that she doesn't catch me staring up at her. For some reason, I can't bring myself to start talking to her.

I feel a light throbbing in my head, and the room is way too bright for me to keep my eyes opened for much longer. Savannah's entire body feels warm, and it's almost like she's shaking. 

Suddenly, her breathing becomes more labored and nervous. A lot of questions begin to run through my mind, trying to figure out what she could possibly be thinking.

Why is she breathing like that?

Does she have asthma?

What's wrong with her?

She tries to leave the bed, but I tighten my grasp around her, and she momentarily stops. I'm glad because I want her to stay, and every part of my body wants to spend another day with her. I don't want her to leave at all. 

Stay.

She gets up from the bed, and I battle with myself in my head about what I should do. 

What are you doing, dumbass?

Stop her from leaving!

Tell her that you want her to stay.

"Shit, shit, shit." Savannah whispers to herself, sounding extremely irritable and nervous.

Oh, no.

What if she's nervous because of me and what happened last night?

As I begin to think about it, maybe she is nervous because of what happened. This is probably way outside of her comfort zone, and her intoxication lead to something that she might be regretted. Letting her go would be better than talking her into staying, because I'm sure that she's already more than confused.

I open my eyes, and I see her briskly moving out of the door and closing it. For some reason, I feel my heart sink. Savannah and I really had a great time, but I can't swallow my pride and tell her that now that she's gone. 

I know that there's something more that I want. I knew it from when we first looked into each other's eyes as we danced. Those green eyes were basically hypnotizing me, and damn it, it worked. 

It's funny how last night I had way more fun with a woman that I met for the first time than in my whole relationship. 

That definitely says a lot, doesn't it?

We really don't love each other, and some days I have to ask myself why we've even invested this much time in each other if there's no connection. There's nothing for us anymore, we're just forcing each other to stay because neither of us have the heart to admit why we've grown apart.

I've spent two and a half years with Olivia, but only one night with Savannah was much more exciting and full of life and so many other things that my current relationship lacks. It's everything that I fantasize about when Olivia isn't near.