Chapter 44

BRENDAN POV

Warning: Escalates quickly ;)

It's been a couple of weeks since Savannah said her final words to Logan at the cemetery, and things between Savannah have been going excellently. It's almost as if nothing ever happened between her and Logan, and it doesn't feel like we could've lost each other due to our constant bickering.

It doesn't feel like anything has shifted between us, and I'm extremely grateful for that. I wouldn't want things to feel awkward or distant between us, especially since we've already been so intimate with each other, it would hurt me if we just drifted apart after that happened.

Being with Savannah has made me really realize a lot of things. I never really knew how much I enjoyed doing simple things like going to the grocery store or sitting in the car and having a conversation until I started doing those things with Savannah.

Savannah makes the smallest, most trivial little things into something fun, which is probably what I admire most about her. She just makes me feel awake. It's really an indescribable feeling that I've never experienced until I met her.

If I told my younger self that I would eventually settle down and be with a girl that made me feel this way, he wouldn't believe it.

I guess some things really do come unexpectedly. Rian had said that about Alex and Rosie a while back, and he told me not to lose hope because whatever it was that I needed would appear as a surprise.

I never believed in fate or any of that stuff either, but Rian was definitely right about that. Savannah and I ending up as a couple was definitely fate.

Definitely fate.

Her little cat, which she decided to name Stormy because of her gray fur, is walking around the kitchen. I've been here all day while Savannah said she had errands to run.

I crouch down and pick up Stormy, giving her small strokes across her soft back, and she purrs slowly against my hand, making it vibrate slightly. I've never been a cat person, but her cat is really adorable.

Suddenly I hear the sound of a key being inserting into the lock of the door. The door opens, and Savannah stands there, and I'm taken aback because her hair now rests on her shoulders, and it's a much lighter blonde color than before. She chuckles at my facial expression, and she just walks in.

"You like what you see?" She teasingly asks, raising an eyebrow.

Savannah had been talking about cutting her hair for a while now, but I just had no idea when she'd actually do it. At some times, I could tell she was bluffing slightly or thinking about not doing it, but I'd tell her to do whatever she wants.

After being with Logan who restricted her form doing whatever she wanted, I'm not going to tell her what she can and can't do. She needs that freedom she once had.

"You look beautiful," I reply. "When did you decide to do this?"

"Today," Savannah replies nonchalantly, shrugging as she puts her purse on the couch. "I just wanted something fresh and new."

I'm finding it difficult to focus my eyes onto something else, because Savannah just looks so radiant in front of me. It's almost as if she's glowing.

I walk towards her, smirking, and I lean my head down to give her a kiss. Savannah smiles against my lips, and she playfully shoves me away before smiling at me.

I give her an over exaggerated gasp and a look of disbelief that she just shoved me. Her laughter fills the air after she looks at my facial expression.