EPILOGUE

SAVANNAH POV

It's been about six months since Brendan and I began dating, and for the past few hours I've been helping him move his stuff inside of my apartment. Recently, we had the discussion of moving in with each other, and at first we were both hesitant about it.

At first we both thought it was a bit too early to live with each other. Both of us didn't want to ruin something that was great, so we rejected it at first. However, I still couldn't stand the idea of being apart from him.

I had become a puppy almost. Constantly following Brendan whenever we hung out, never wanting to leave his side, not wanting him to leave.

You'd think after what happened that I would want some space and not want to be around men for a while, but I was the complete opposite.

I found myself saddened and lonely whenever his presence wasn't near, but whenever he was near me, I just felt something inside of me lighten up and become happier. That's the feeling I always get with him.

One day when he was over and we were just relaxing together, the words just came out of my mouth, and he kept asking me if I was sure that I wanted him to live with me.

Brendan has developed that habit of constantly asking me if it's okay to do certain things or if I'm okay with certain things, which is one of the best habits a person could develop.

It's nice to know that he wants my input before we move forward with something in our relationship. He once said that he doesn't want to take too much control in our relationship, which is extremely mature of him. Most guys instantly want to take charge and make all of the decisions, but Brendan's different.

That's one of the reasons why I regret not starting our relationship sooner. I try not to dwell on my stupidity anymore since I'm with Brendan now and we're happy, so my mistakes don't matter anymore, but sometimes that guilt still whirls around in my stomach.

After all of the hell that I put him through, I thought that I could make it up to him somehow. Brendan insisted that I didn't have to do anything to make up for what I did, which I found unbelievable.

Most people after they're treated wrong expect something in return, but Brendan didn't want anything. He said that having me was more than enough.

The door opens once again, and Brendan holds a couple of small boxes in his hand as he walks through. I walk over to him, taking one and carrying it to the bedroom. Just as I begin to reach for the other box so that he doesn't have to carry it, he begins shaking his head at me.

"Babe, I got it. I appreciate you trying to help, but you don't need to." Brendan insists.

He tries to blow air in his face to cool himself down, and there's a faint glisten on the side of his face from the sweat. We've been moving his stuff in all day, and plus with the heat of California, we're both breaking a sweat.

"Stop insisting that I don't help. You're moving in, so of course I'm going to help you get situated and put everything where it needs to be." I reply, taking the box from his hands.

I immediately regret it because the box is so heavy that the weight pulls my body towards the ground, and my arms are instantly aching. Brendan crouches down, taking the box from my hands with ease, and I furrow my eyebrows at him.