Chapter 40

SAVANNAH POV

Warning: 0 to 100 real quick ;)

Logan's dead.

After Alex says this to us, I don't even know what to feel. A sense of emptiness is the first thing that I feel, and I don't know why. I shouldn't feel empty now that the person who has caused me hell has finally been removed from this Earth.

I shouldn't feel anything but bliss, as terrible as that sounds. Logan has caused me nothing but hell, and nearly cost me the relationship that I have with my best friends and with Brendan.

"Apparently he had just fallen asleep and died, according to a nurse who told Rian." Alex informs us, and I scoff.

Why should I care?

I know Alex is just trying to be a good friend like she always is, but I don't care about Logan's death. Yes, you should never talk ill of the dead, but with the things that he's done and the trouble he's caused, I'm sure anyone would speak badly of him.

"Okay, what's the bad news?" I ask, shrugging and raising both eyebrows.

I don't see anything bad about this. If anything, this is very good for my emotional and mental health now that the person who nearly destroyed it is now gone.

Alex's eyes widen immediately after I say this, and I know she's surprised at how casual I seem despite the news she just gave me.

"Look, I know that Logan caused you a lot of pain and—"

Damn right he's caused me a lot of pain.

I'm not even the same person I was when I first met Logan. He has completely wrecked a portion of my life, and now I have to heal the wounds from that measly bastard.

"Exactly, so why should I care that the poor bastard is dead?" I ask, slightly snapping on her more than I intended.

Just talking about him makes my skin crawl, and I have the faint taste of bile creeping up my throat as the memories come back to haunt me. All of those things he said, all of the attempts to try and get me back. All for nothing.

I'm instantly disgusted as I remember all of the times I allowed myself to have sex with him, and I'm extremely disappointed in myself. Why would I even let him touch me? That just shows how little self respect I had for myself and how willing I was to jump his bones.

He shouldn't have been my first time.

Not to mention, that our first time I don't even remember except waking up and realizing that I had done stuff with Anthony and London too, which was a colossally stupid mistake. 

Alex's cheeks grow red within a matter of seconds, and I feel Brendan place his hand on my thigh in an attempt to calm me down, and I sigh.

"Vannah, I'm sorry! I guess I just felt that you needed to know." Alex defensively says, and I can tell in her deep brown eyes, that she's sincere.

Alex would never intentionally say something to hurt me, and because she's so motherly now, she just wants to look out for me more now than she ever has. Not saying that she hasn't done that before, because she always stepped up whenever my puny issues would be brought up.