Chapter 43

BRENDAN POV

Savannah and I have been holding onto each other for quite a while now ever since Anthony and London abruptly interrupted and left. The silence between us is calming, and her smooth hair rests comfortably underneath my chin. Seeing Anthony again might've upset her, so I'm doing my best to comfort her at this moment.

It was so difficult to try to control my anger for Anthony, not only because he slept with her, but especially considering the fact that he never even tried to help Savannah out of that terrible mistake of a relationship she had with Logan.

I know somewhere deep inside of him, he was probably asking himself why he was defending Logan and telling Savannah to just forget everything he did to her and go to the funeral anyways.

I'm sure he wouldn't do that if he were in her shoes, but Anthony has been shoved up Logan's ass for so long that he just does whatever he thinks would've made that smug bastard happy.

It didn't take long for me to realize that when I used to be friends with him, yet that didn't seem to bother me back then, which really bothers me now.

I really was a different person back then. Completely ignoring the obvious signs that he was a terrible person, but then again I wasn't far off from being as heinous as him, so I didn't see why his whole personality would end up being problematic.

I'm glad that London isn't completely brainwashed by Anthony, but at the same time it still bothers me how she is still obviously attracted to Savannah.

That peck on the cheek, and how her eyes seemed to cling on Savannah the whole time she was here made me uncomfortable.

Just because they did some things on the night the four of them met doesn't mean that she can continue to make passes at Vannah, or that Vannah returns those feelings for London.

I come out of my thoughts when I feel her hand against my heart, and although she's extremely cold, the touch brings warmth to the center of my chest, slowly spreading outwards.

"What are you thinking?" I ask Savannah, and she looks up at me.

Her green eyes pierce into mine, temporarily stopping my heartbeat for a split second. She's thinking something, but I can't quite detect what it is. She looks afraid of saying whatever it is she has on her mind, and I don't want her to feel that way.

She felt the need to not speak up for herself when she was with Logan, and it was written all over her face. It tore me apart to watch her second guess herself and hold in her thoughts just so that Logan was satisfied. The fact that Logan probably enjoyed every second of making her doubt herself and those that were closest to her is indescribably disgusting.

"You know what, maybe we should go." Savannah says, and my eyebrows shoot up.

I let her go from my hands, giving her a disapproving glare. I don't want her going to Logan's funeral. She doesn't need to go after everything he's done to her. Logan has put her through too much pain, stress, and a countless amount of another things.

Going to the funeral would be pretty much be paying respects to him, which is exactly what Logan would want from her. He always wanted to feel validated and have people worship him like he was some sort of king.