Chapter 36

SAVANNAH POV

I wake up to the feeling of something clawing at my ankle. The cat that I retrieved from the parking lot is beside me, and she's just staring at my feet inquisitively before slowly walking towards me.

She cuddles up next to me, and I smile before kissing the top of her head. Her soft purring vibrates my side, which makes me smile harder.

For some reason, it feels like Brendan is still next to me. The warmth of him still clings onto the sheets, and I can feel the ghost of his lips on mine. But then the echo of his disapproval begins to play in my ears, and that warm fuzzy feeling instantly leaves my gut.

Logan and I would probably be together if he actually owned up to his mistakes and made up for it by changing, but the fact that he continues to show abusive behavior and no disregard to the feelings of a woman let's me know that he isn't worth my time.

I should've recognized that so long ago.

What the hell is wrong with me?

If he was a completely different person, I would've been his girl with no shame. I could've been everything and anything he wanted.

This is why I remained single for so long. I have so much love to offer, and I always end up getting my heart ripped out and stomped on.

I've been lying to myself for so long. I understand what I'm going through, but I just didn't want to admit it to myself. I know why I was so persistent about Logan being this wonderful man and why I couldn't leave him although the red flags were there.

I finally had someone loving me. Someone who seemed to worship me.

I know that Brendan and everyone else was right. I just couldn't admit it to myself for some stupid and unjustifiable answer. Everything is such a mess because of me, and I have no clue why I tried pinning this on anyone else.

I wish I never went to the club that night, and my life would probably be the way it was before Logan got a hold of me. No more of this living in fear and holding back. I can't deal with this anymore.

It's time that I make this all official.

I lift myself from the bed, taking a brief shower before getting dressed. It's almost as if I've spaced out and I'm so determined to get to the hospital that I don't even realize that I'm done with something.

As I'm driving to the hospital, my concentration is locked in extremely shut, and I know that the quicker I get there, the better. I'm just so ready to get all of this excessive drama out of my life once and for all.

I can't keep doing this.

It isn't long before I'm in the parking lot, and I take a few deep breaths before rushing to the automatic doors.

There's an eerie silence as I walk through multiple corridors of the hospital. I know that it isn't empty, but not hearing the usual chaos that goes on in the hospital makes me feel as if I'm the only one here.

The faint beeping of heart monitors creates a slight echo along with my footsteps, and as I'm getting closer to Logan's room, the anxiety begins to rise. As I turn the corner, I accidentally bump into someone's shoulder, and we both turn around to apologize.