Chapter 26

SAVANNAH POV

I'm blankly staring into space, and that's all I've been doing for the past few minutes. I'm unable to think about anything else except the mess that's happened recently.

Logan has left me voicemails and text messages, but hasn't made the effort to actually come over and see me face to face and show me that I should take him back.

Not only am I furious with him, but at Olivia for talking to me like I'm below her. I shouldn't have let her walk all over me like that.

I'm ashamed of myself.

I break myself away from my thoughts when I realize that I've been sitting in my car for too long, and I get out, ready to get some fresh air. I walk up to the house, ringing the doorbell and waiting patiently for him to answer.

The door swings open, and once he sees me, that familiar, somewhat cunning little grin creeps into his face. I have to look up at him because I'm so little near him, and my eyes would only have a view of his chest if I didn't lift my gaze.

"I was waiting for a gorgeous blonde to arrive on my doorstep." Brendan says, winking at me.

I wish he would stop doing that. He knows how much I hate it because I always end up smiling or blushing like an idiot. The heat is already rising in my cheeks.

"Well, today's your lucky day. I arrived a couple of days late because shipping got backed up." I add, and he chuckles before beckoning me inside.

Once I'm inside, I sit on his couch, already smiling as I can smell his cologne lingering on the pillows. Brendan makes his way over to me, sitting down and there's barely a few inches between our bodies.

"So, what's up cupcake?" Brendan asks, which makes me smirk before I smack his arm.

"Since when am I a cupcake? I'm not covered in frosting and sprinkles, and I don't have a tasty interior." I reply, and he begins chuckling.

Brendan looks me up and down, and he smirks before his eyes glint with a certain emotion that I can't quite detect.

"I beg to differ." Brendan says, and there's a huskiness in his voice that makes my entire body warm up.

Although I've ended things temporarily with Logan, I wish Brendan would stop flirting with me. The looks, the sexual innuendos, certain comments about things that I know he wants to do with me.

I'm flattered, but at the same time, I want him to stop.

"Brendan—," I start, but then stop when I'm unsure of what I should say to him.

"Please, you don't have to thank me." He says, cocking his eyebrow.

"Oh, shut up. You're so arrogant." I giggle.

Brendan's jokes make me think of when Logan would say stuff like that to me, and how much I'd blush after he'd say it. They both have similar demeanors as well, which makes it hard for me to stop thinking about him.

They both have that arrogance that's annoying yet endearing at the same time. Logan and Brendan both have those captivating eyes that always seem to sparkle, but the lust behind their expression is noticeable.