Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

Kayla woke up to deep chuckling. Thinking it was Jeremy, she paid no attention and swatted towards the noise, "Go away Jer." she grumbled. For a few seconds it was peaceful.

Then the laughing started again. Agitated she shot up. Looking around, she realized that she wasn't in her room. Confused, she stared at the bed and started moving the blankets off of her. "Kol?" she asked meekly.

"Finally, you're awake!" Elijah said with hardly any emotion as he  moved to stand in front of the bed. Kayla swung her feet off the bed and put her hand on her head. Elijah walked over to be in front of her.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly.

"You're the only person that would fall asleep at the feet of a dead original vampire." Kol laughed.

"I'm fine." Kayla replied, her voice held a bit of a laugh.

Elijah watched her for a second before kneeling slightly so his face was in front of hers. "How is my brother?"

Kayla laughed slightly as she raised her head to meet his eyes. "Still as annoying as the first time I met him."

"I find that to be a false, highly offensive—" Kol rambled on as Kayla stood up quickly, brushing against Elijah.

"Do you mind if I order pizza?"

Sometime later, Kayla was happily eating her pizza on Elijah's  living room floor

Sometime later, Kayla was happily eating her pizza on Elijah's  living room floor. She was taking in her surroundings when Elijah walked in to see her crisscross applesauce, with a pizza box and soda in front of her.

"You do know that your family is probably looking for you, right?" he asked her.

Kayla stuffed the pizza in her mouth and swallowed it down with her drink. "Nah, I eavesdropped and heard Elena basically call me a traitor."