Chapter 18

authors note : i absolutely love hearing from all of you! please don't forget to leave a comment (:

Chapter 18

It had been a long journey, but they were finally close to being in Mystic Falls, where they were sure Klaus was still located. Damien and Paul were in the backseat of the convertible mustang Kol had compelled for them. Said vampire was driving in the front seat, causing all the passengers to hold onto their seats in fear.

"Who taught you how to drive?" Paul yelled out just as Kol took a sharp turn, it caused him to slide into Damien who groaned in pain.

"Nobody." Kol said as he sped up. He had been taking the back roads as to avoid any people, and it seemed like it was a good choice.

"Nobody taught you to drive?!"

"Then why are you driving?!"

"Guys, we're here." Kayla interrupted just as Damien had unbuckled his seatbelt and was preparing himself to launch at Kol.

"Oh thank the Gods," Paul exclaimed as he saw the Mystic Falls sign. "I thought we were going to die."

"At least we'd die together babe." Damien said dramatically.

Kol rolled his eyes and began driving towards the Mystic Grill, going solely of what he had seen through Kayla's memories over the years, "You wouldn't have died."

"We probably would have died." Kayla confirmed with a small laugh as she smiled at Kol. He just gave her a small heatless glare and pulled into the parking lot of the Mystic Grill.

Instantly, Damien had pulled himself out of the car. "Finally! Land!" he exclaimed, Paul just laughed at his antics and walked around to his side, "I love you." he said with a small laugh.

Kol walked to Kayla and grabbed her hand, "Are you really ready for this?" he asked her. They had discussed the thought of her talking to her family, and she had voiced her concerns about it. Now she would have to talk to them whether she wanted to or not.

"Yeah," she began as she gave him a small smile, "I'm going to have to confront them eventually so I might as well do it before I officially go back to being Persephone."

Kol squeezed her hand in reassurance and then they made there way inside, with Damien and Paul following behind them. The first thing Kayla noticed was the way eyes kept glancing at them. She noticed a few people were beginning to stare, she wanted nothing more than to slam their heads on the table and make them never want to look at her again. She slightly shook her head at the violent thought and gave Kol a small smile when he glanced over at her in concern.