Chapter 12

authors note: you guys are loved

Chapter 12

Kayla and Kol had just arrived in Athens, Greece when Kol had told her where they were going. Kayla had informed Kol all about her dream on the flight over, but he didn't comment on any of it. He had been acting very distant since they bonded together. Kayla was confused, she couldn't understand why he would act that way, especially after what had just occurred between them.

"Here we are." Kol said as they walked up to an old museum. Kayla hesitated walking inside, it looked as if the roof was caving in, and the walls had chunks of it missing. The door loudly creaked as they walked inside.

"What are we doing here?" Kayla said, her voice echoed in the loud room they entered. Her eyes trailed around the room and her mouth dropped in awe. She was amazed by all the statues she saw, everything inside was beautiful.

Kol grabbed her hand softly and pulled her in the direction of an exhibit labeled 'Greek Gods and Goddesses'. Kayla looked at him in confusion, what did greek myths have to do with anything? They walked inside the exhibit and Kol lead her to a huge statue labeled 'Persephone'. She gazed at the statue with a weird feeling in her chest. She felt connected to the statue, like whoever that was, was supposed to mean something to her.

"This is your real mother." Kol said bluntly. He still had her hand clasped in his as he stared at her, watching to see her reaction. She tore her eyes away from the statue and looked at him in amusement.

"Very funny." she said with a light giggle. She glanced back up at the statue, and started to feel a steady hum in the air. She could feel something calling out to her from somewhere.

"I'm not joking." Kol said softly. He rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb, trying to comfort her. There was still so much more he needed to tell her.

"Next you're going to be telling me I have a different dad." Kayla stated with an eye roll. She turned her head to look at him but found him looking at her with an almost 'innocent' expression.

"Well, baby. . ." he trailed off. He hated to be the one to tell her everything, but if anyone else told her, she wouldn't believe them.

Kayla looked at him dubiously. Did he really expect her to believe him? She stared into his eyes and looked for any sign of deceit. She found none. "Are you sure you didn't just get ahold of some wrong information?"

"I'm positive." Kol replied. He led her to another statue, this one was labeled 'Hades'. It was much bigger than the other statue, and the second Kayla's eyes landed on it she felt a sharp pull towards it.

"This is my dad?" she asked. Her voice was low and soft, if she would've spoke any louder, it would've began to break. She was beginning to get overwhelmed by the events taking place. Many different emotions were flooding into her, and she wasn't sure which one to latch onto.

Before Kol could reply to her question, there was suddenly a loud booming sound that blasted through the room. They both held their ears in pain as they started to ring.

Kayla latched herself on to her mates hand. "What was that?!" she yelled. Everything was disoriented, if she hadn't held onto Kol, she was positive she wouldn't be able to find him. His lips moved as he tried to speak to her, but Kayla couldn't hear any sound coming out of his mouth.

Smoke filled the room, making it hard to see anything. Two figures walked through the large, statue-filled room with heavy masks attached to their faces. Finally, they spotted the girl they were looking for. They moved in on her, preparing to grab her and run.

"Behind you!" Kol yelled to Kayla through their mind link as the two figures for closer. He felt veins popping underneath his eyes, and his sharp fangs shooting out of his gums. He tried to vamp speed over to the figures, but found himself to disoriented to do anything.

Kayla met Kol's eyes, she frowned softly and touched his cheek. She glanced behind her and saw the figures getting closer. She looked back at him and sighed deeply. "There's vervain in this smoke." she said to him in their heads, "I love you." Tears filled her eyes as she gave him a small kiss on his lips.

Kol growled lowly when one of the figures grabbed onto Kayla's arm and yanked her away from him. He went to attack, but found himself falling onto the floor. Aggravation filled him as he realized they had used a large dose of vervain in the smoke. He felt completely helpless, he couldn't get up and protect his mate.

Kayla struggled against the people that had grabbed her. She was desperate to get away from them and go back to the love of her life. "NO!" she yelled as she kicked. She began to cry once she realized her struggling wasn't doing anything. "KOL!" she screamed as she watched the other person break his neck. She was starting to lose track of what was happening, things were moving so fast. A cloth was put over her nose and mouth and things soon began to get blurry. She struggled and tried to push away the arm, but everything she did was in vain. Soon, all she could see was black.

***

authors note : This whole chapter has been a wild ride for me. I hope you all enjoyed it! Let me know if you have any questions. Also, comment your guys' theories !!