Chapter 9

authors note: this chapter will be slightly filler

authors note: this chapter will be slightly filler. i'm basically changing the whole plot in this chapter. enjoy.

Chapter 9

"Where the hell are we?" Kayla asked groggily as she opened her eyes. She lifted her head up from slowly and glanced around. They were still in the car they had taken, but nothing around them seemed familiar. She had expected to be taken to Mystic Falls, but she was positive Mystic Falls didn't have an ocean.

"Surprise." Kol said, smirking slightly as he leaned over to peck her cheek. He seemed quite pleased with himself.

Kayla ran her hand through her messy hair in an attempt to smooth it out. She didn't know how she felt about this. How she should feel about this. Her eyes met his and a small smile painted her face. "What are we doing here? Last I remember we were driving towards Mystic Falls?"

Kol smiled a smile full of joy, it caused Kayla's heart to jump, "I decided to take a little detour after you fell asleep. I just kept driving and following signs until we ended up here."

Kayla smiled brightly, she loved how Kol always thought of her and what she would want. Going on an escape with him was exactly what she needed and wanted. She didn't know how she got so lucky. "I love you." she said, her voice full of adoration as she gazed at him lovingly.

He chuckled deeply, he wanted to lean over her and show her just how much he loved her. "I love you too."

Later, Kayla sat in between Kol's legs as they lounged in the sand. The sun was starting to set, the waves were splashing against the shore, and she was happier than she had ever been.

"I almost miss you living in my head." Kayla said with a slight giggle.

"Of course you would miss something like that!" Kol said with a deep chuckle, he started tickling her sides, causing her to arch her back and lay her head on his shoulder, laughter escaped her as she squirmed.

"In a couple weeks, we need to start doing some research." Kayla said as she sighed in content. She really just wanted to stay right there, with him, forever. But she knew nothing was ever that easy.

"Research about what?" Kol asked as he trailed his finger along her arm.

"About me. I want to know why I'm so different." Kayla replied. She enjoyed the attention he was giving her, and she realized she should've waited until later to bring this up.

"What makes you think you're different." Kol said, a teasing tone in his voice.

Kayla snorted, "Everything about me is different. Why do I have a soulmate? Why do my eyes turn blue when I'm angry?"

Kol sighed deeply, and contemplated what to say, there were some things that Kayla didn't remember from when she was younger. There was so many things she didn't know about herself.

"Well, you have a soulmate because the fates decided we needed each other." Kol said, he leant down and kissed her cheek. He truly did need her more than anything. He didn't want to find out what he would do if he lost her.

Kayla hummed and reached up to play with his hair, "But what about my eyes?"

"That's just something we'll have to figure out later." Kol said, he just wanted to enjoy this moment with his soulmate. He couldn't believe he was finally with her.

"Love," Kol began suddenly, causing Kayla to turn her head to look at him, her eyes met his and she smiled softly, urging him to continue. "Would you ever consider becoming a vampire?"

She didn't think she could smile as big as she did when those words came out of his mouth. She couldn't even believe he had to ask that, considering he knew just how much she loved him. She would do anything for him. She may have never met him in person until just recently, but she knew she wanted him for eternity. She wanted to have those little moments with him. She wanted to wake up every morning to see his eyes looking back at her. She never wanted to lose him. She knew she couldn't really die right now, but that didn't ensure she would live forever. She opened her mouth to reply but before she could, the view to the sunset was blocked. Her head swiveled around to see who was disturbing their moment, but all she could see was a shadow.

"Look how far you two have fallen." A deep voice sneered, it was clear he was a male.

Kol's arms tightened around her, his jaw locked in place as he glared at the stranger. The whole mood around them was destroyed. Their peace shattered.

"Who are you?" Kol said, his voice holding a threat he wasn't sure that he could carry out. He had never seen a talking shadow before.

"That doesn't matter." The shadow man replied, "What does matter, is how long you two are going to keep up this little act of yours."

Kayla tilted her head slightly and gazed at the 'man' in confusion, "What do you mean?" she asked, her voice full of curiosity.

The shadow man leant over, and peered at her with piercing red eyes. His eyes narrowed and he huffed, "Of course you wouldn't remember. The spell must've been stronger than we thought."

Kayla sharpened her gaze, "Who are you?" she demanded.

"Nobody you need to worry your pretty little head about." the shadow man replied as he leant closer, his nose was touching Kayla's nose. A shudder went through her body.

Kol growled lowly, "Get away from her." he hissed, he could feel his face transforming. He stood up quickly, with Kayla in his arms. Her face had butted into the shadows' face as he stood, causing her to see glimpses of a room filled with shadow people.

The shadow man laughed humorlessly and backed up with his hands raised. "No need to get so defensive." He dropped his hands. "In all seriousness, you guys need to remember who you are. Dangers coming. They're coming for you guys. You guys could only hide for so long."

Kayla was more than aggravated, she was pissed off. She wanted nothing more than to torture the shadow thing in front of her. She wasn't even sure why they had entertained this thing for so long. "Until you have real answers for us, go away." she growled.

"If you need me, just say my name, Pan." the shadow man did something with his eyes that looked like a wink and then disappeared.

***

authors note: i honestly don't know what this is. sorry for the sucky chapter lmao, but YAY! i finally posted 💁‍♀️ hopefully i can post regularly from now on. sorry to everyone who had read my original last chapter. i know you guys were really liking the mermaid thing buuuut i lose inspiration easily. anyways, feedback appreciated 💕

~H~