Chapter 11

authors note: have i ever mentioned how much i appreciate you guys? thank you guys for all the love and feedback i've been receiving 💕

the beginning might be a little confusing, but if you keep reading it will all make sense.

Chapter 11

Kayla glanced around in confusion. She was in an elaborate room with seashells and sand dollars scattered everywhere. She walked around and noticed that the whole room seemed to be underwater. Her heart pounded in her chest and she forced herself to breathe.

"Where am I?" she whispered as she ran her hand through her hair.

Suddenly, a small child walked in. Her hair was chocolate brown and she seemed to be holding a small stuffed bear. Kayla noticed that she was holding onto someone's hand, she went to look at the person but everything started to blur.

"You'll be safe here." a woman's voice spoke, "They won't find you."

"But I want them to find me." the child said softly, a slight tremor in her voice.

"Why would you want them to find you?" the woman inquired, her voice sharp, "They will bring you nothing but pain and misery. You need to stay here, with us."

"I want to be with them. Why did you take me from them?" her small voice cracked, and Kayla could tell she was about to cry.

The woman sighed deeply, "It's safer for you here. They have too many enemies and you're way too fragile right now."

The words seemed to pass over the little girl. She started to sob, and Kayla watched as she yanked her hand out of the woman's. "Take me back!" she yelled, her body shaking.

"I can't do that princess." The woman said softly. "I'm sorry."

"Take me back!" the girl yelled again. The woman shut the door, leaving the little girl alone in her agony. The little girl walked over to the bed and threw the teddy bear on it.

"Please." she whispered.

Kayla eyes snapped open as she rolled over to lie on her back

Kayla eyes snapped open as she rolled over to lie on her back. Her mind was thinking of her dream and nothing else. She was more confused than she had ever been. She sat up and realized Kol was nowhere to be seen. She stood up and gathered her clothes up.

"Kol?" she said again, she was starting to get aggravated. She put on her clothes and headed out the door, determined to find her mate and discuss the dream she had. She was positive it was connected to what the shadow man, Pan, had told them.

"Kol, where the hell are you?"

She came out of the cabin and stood near the beach. She turned around and looked in all directions, but all she managed to see was a middle-aged woman walking on the shore.

"Why do you always disappear on me? One of these days, I'm going to disappear on you and cause you to worry like I always do."

"I would have never expected to see such a pretty girl like yourself all alone out here."

Kayla spun around to see a tall man with jet black hair and a scar going across his left eye. His eyes were green, he was tan and seemed to be pretty muscular. Kayla realized she was staring and quickly stumbled out a reply, "W-what makes you think I'm alone?"

He glanced around, "Well, I don't see anyone around."

Kayla straightened her back and looked into his eyes, "I'm with the woman over on the shoreline."

The man's eyes flicked behind her to look on the shore, "What woman?" he asked, his lips twitched as he held back a smirk.

Kayla turned around quickly, confusion etched on her face, she sighed in defeat once she saw the woman was gone.

Suddenly the man had gripped her shoulder and forced her to turn around and look at him. She gasped softly in shock and glared at him.

"Why are you out here alone?" he asked as he trailed a finger down her cheek.

She gripped his finger, "That's none of your business."

She pushed him away and started walking back to the cabin, but the strange man trailed behind her. Her heart started to pound in fear.

"Now, princess, where do you think you're going." The man grabbed her wrist and pulled her harshly to him.

"Let go of me." She hissed as she tried to yank out of his grip.

The man just laughed, "I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm just gonna make you remember who you are."

While he was talking, he was moving them away from the cabin and towards the ocean. She frantically tried to get ahold of her mate.

"Kol, please! I need help!"

"We need you back, princess." The man said, they finally reached the edge of the water and he pushed her towards it.

"If I'm going to die." she said, her voice shaking, "Can I at least know your name?"

The man laughed harshly and rolled his eyes, "You won't die."

He pushed her forward and she hesitantly walked forward, tears were starting to form in her eyes. She was contemplating making a run for it, but she didn't know if she could make it.

"Still, what's your name?" she asked again, trying to distract him. She knew she wouldn't be dead permanently, but if she died in the water and floated away, well, she didn't want to think about what would happen.

"It's Scar." he replied.

She turned around and stared at him, "Why are you trying to kill me?"

"I'm not—" before he could finish his sentence, his neck was snapped. He fell to the ground in a heap, behind him stood Kol. She sighed and relief and ignored the body between them. She threw herself in his arms, stepping on top of Scar.

"Where were you?" she asked, anger was clear in her voice. She couldn't believe it had taken him so long to show up, that he had even left in the first place!

"I was getting answers." he said softly, he hugged her tightly and started carrying her back to the cabin. She wrapped her legs around his waist and buried her face in his shoulder.

"From who?" she asked, her body was still tense. She was nervous, that was the second man she had encountered that wanted her to remember who she was. She was getting tired of people showing up at random.

"Don't worry about who," Kol began as they finally reached the inside of the cabin, "Just pack your bags. There's somewhere we need to go."

Kayla wanted to argue with him, to discuss her dream and leave the whole 'who she was' behind them. She didn't want to deal with the situation. She wanted to run away with him and never look back, but she knew it wouldn't happen while people were still popping up at random.

"Fine." she replied. She started packing her bags, determined to get the whole thing over with.

***

authors note: this whole chapter threw me for a loop. i wasn't sure how i should go at it, but i figured i'd go with most of it being a filler.

please comment what you think! and don't forget to like 💕