Chapter 20

authors note : Still the same outfit from last chapter for the majority of this chapter

authors note : Still the same outfit from last chapter for the majority of this chapter. the resurrection outfit is above (:

Chapter 20

"Nik, we need those stakes." Kol fumed. They had been trying to get them from him for the past hour, but he had refused everytime they asked.

"Not until you promise that you won't try to get revenge on me." Klaus stated as he drank some of his bourbon.

"No one wants to get revenge on you yet Klaus." Kayla said as she rolled her eyes.

Klaus have her a pointed look, "Yet." he emphasized. "I need you both to promise that you won't try to get revenge on me in the future. I don't want to have to worry about my brother hunting me down."

"Always so paranoid." Kol muttered as he glared at his brother. "I promise not to hunt you down." he said through clenched teeth.

"Or get your revenge on me."

"Or get my revenge on you." Kol confirmed with an eye roll.

Kayla sighed deeply, "Okay, you've gotten what you want, now give us the stakes."

Klaus nodded once and disappeared upstairs. He was back in less than a minute with the two stakes. He handed one of them to Kol and gave him a small smile, "I'll see you soon, brother."

Kol grabbed the stake and gave him a thankful look. "See you soon."

Kayla said a small goodbye to Klaus before following Kol outside. The stars in the night sky seemed to shine much brighter than they normally did. Kayla raised her head and gazed at them for a moment before reaching out for Kol's hand. "Are you ready to do this?" she asked as she looked into his eyes.

"Of course darling." he said, "The real question is, are you ready for this? I've died thousands of times but you've not died once." He gave her a soft look, "We could wait a while if you think you're not ready."

Kayla hesitated for a moment before speaking, "I'm ready."

Kol nodded at her and leaned over to her neck. His breath fanned over her skin and she got chills as he spoke, "Are you sure this is the way you want me to do it?"

"Well," Kayla said with a harsh laugh, "It's either you drain me of my blood or you snap my neck."

Kol touched his lips to her neck and pressed a feather-light kiss on her skin. He raised up and looked her in the eyes, "I'll see you on the other side then." his eyes were filled with pain as he twisted her head harshly to the side. The sickening sound of a snap filled the air and Kol felt as if his whole world had fallen apart. He was filled with anguish as he raised the stake to his heart and harshly pushed in. Instantly he screamed as he caught on fire. His body fell down next to Kayla's on the grass as he died.