Chapter 16

authors note : gif created by me

authors note : gif created by me. please give credit if you decide to use (:

aren't they just cuties !!!! don't forget to comment and let me know what your thoughts are of the story !

Chapter 16

Kayla's eyes shot open and she gasped for breath as she sat up. Her hand instantly flew to her chest as she attempted to calm her beating heart. She remembered everything. To calm herself down, she began looking around at her surroundings. Confusion flooded her system as she realized she wasn't in the apartment in New York anymore. She was, instead, lying in somebody's bed. She felt movement next to her and she quickly moved the blankets to see what was there. She finally started to calm down once she saw that it was only Kol.

A few moments later, Kol sat up in a panic, having almost the same exact reaction she had just had. She lightly chuckled as she wrapped her arms around him, "Good morning sunshine." she mused as she laid her head on his shoulder. She wasn't worried about their location, or even about the change she knew was happening at that very moment, she only cared about Kol.

"Kayla," he sighed in relief as he wrapped his arms around her. "Or should I say, Persephone." his tone was teasing, but Kayla couldn't help but notice how his body tensed up and how he seemed to be unable to relax. She grabbed his hand with hers and sighed deeply, "So many things are confusing now."

"I know. I wish I could turn back time and change things." Kol solemnly replied. He hated that he wasn't able to prevent the situation from happening altogether.

Kayla pulled away from Kol slightly so that she was able to look into his eyes, a sad expression came across her face, "What do you think happened to our baby?"

Kol hesitated to answer her question, "Darling, I honestly don't know. But I'm sure he's okay. They wouldn't kill him."

Kayla nodded her head, but her worries were still there. She had only gotten to spend a few months with her newborn baby before the spell had been cast upon them. She hated that she missed everything. His first steps, his first words, his first everything. He was more than likely an adult already and that thought caused her to feel a deep sadness. She never got to experience the joys of motherhood.

"What are you thinking about?" Kol inquired as he gently grabbed her chin and led her eyes to his. He was looking at her with concern, he could tell not knowing what happened to their son was deeply troubling her.

"I'd rather not talk about it." Kayla replied softly. She felt a stab of guilt as she watched his face drop slightly and his eyes flash with hurt. But she knew that if she began to talk about her baby, it would just make her pain that much more real.