Chapter 27

{Niall's POV}

The plane ride all the way to Texas was so long I felt like I was going to explode. Once the plane had landed and I was in Texas I felt my nerves hit a new high. As I walked off the I plane I grabbed my phone prepared to send Harry a text telling him I had made it here safely.

As I hit the message button I felt myself bump into someone making my head snap up. I looked up meeting a familiar pair of blue eyes making my stumble back.

"Ian" I said looking up at him

"Hey Niall" he smiled showing off his perfect line of teeth.

"What are you doing here?" I asked putting my phone in my pocket. Ian was the last person I thought I would see when I came here. I don't see why he would be here. I looked around not seeing my father and frowned,

'Your dad sent me to come and get you" Ian said grabbing the bag off my shoulder and putting it on his. I nodded thanking him and walked with him staying quiet. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a small part of me that missed Ian. When we dated we had a lot of fun together and were close and seeing him now is making my mind race. I love Harry though. No matter what we may or may not be going through nothing would change that.

"So how have you been" Ian asked as we got the last of my bags together.

"Fine" I said keeping it short

"Oh come on Ni I know we dated and all but that doesn't mean you have to be short with me" Ian pouted.

"I don't have much to say. I'm fine what else do you need to know" I asked looking over at him

"Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked casually

Of course he would ask me that. "Yes I do have a boyfriend now. How about you"

"Eh nothing serious." he shrugged leading me outside. I noticed the lights go off on a all black car and followed Ian towards it. He popped the trunk putting my things in the back. I walked towards the front of the car and opened the door grabbing my phone out yet again and this time texting Harry.

I made it here safely ~ Me

I put my phone down and leaned my head against the window watching as Ian drove us out of the airport.

"Why would my dad send you to come and pick me up? He knows we're not together right" I ask now looking over at Ian

"I don't know. He called as and asked if I could come and pick you up. I of course accepted because I haven't seen you in what seems like forever" he smiled

"Yeah it has been a while"

"So how do you feel about seeing your dad again? I remember you didn't like him very much" he chuckled

"I don't know how to feel about this whole trip honestly. I didn't want to come at all but my mum made me and here I am"

"Well your dad has gotten better. I help out around the house. He has a huge house now too"

"Cool" I said not trying to sound any happier about this. I still didn't really want to be here. I was stuck in Texas with my father and now my ex that I'm not exactly sure how to feel about at the moment. I closed my eyes unsure of how long the ride would be and waited for the car to come to a halt.

"Niall we're here" I heard Ian say shaking me a bit. My eyes shot open and my mouth dropped as the large house in front of me took me by surprise.

"This is his house" I gaped

"Yep. Pretty cool aint it" Ian smirked opening the door and climbing out. I nodded getting out of the car and walking to the back of the car to help Ian with my things. I was still taken back by the size of the house as we approached the house. Ian knocked on the door and it opened revealing my father standing there.

"Niall" he said looking at me as if he was shocked that it was me

"Hey dad" I said not making much eye contact

"I'm glad you came. We have quiet a bit to talk about" he said moving to the side letting both me and Ian inside the house. "Ian will you please take Niall's things to the guest room"

Ian nodded and headed towards the steps before disappearing.

"I see the writing business took off yeah?" I said looking around the house

"Yes, yes it did." he chuckled shutting the door behind me. I turned around towards him and we both stood there in a strange silence before he took the lead and broke it. "I'm very sorry son"

"For what?" I snapped. Shit I promised mum I would give him a chance. I cant snap and lose my cool as much as I would like to on him. He just better not cross any lines or I swear all hell will break loose.

"For raising you the way I did. I was a very bad father and example for you. I have accepted all your life choices and am hoping that you will allow me to be apart of your life in some way" he said sounding genuinely sorry

"Can I ask you one thing?" I asked

"Go on"

"You have all this" I said motioning towards the house. "Why didn't you ever send money. Not for me but for mum at least"

"Your mother is a very stubborn woman. Do you think she would honestly accept any money from me?" he chuckled

I couldn't help but smile. My mum was very difficult. Where else would I have gotten it. I sighed looking back at my father who was looking back at me in awe.

"You've grown so much"

"It's been years since we last saw each other" I stated

"That is true but I plan to make up for lost time" he smiled wrapping his arm around my shoulder and leading me through the house.

{Harry's POV}

I hadn't fully explained why I had come home to mum because I didn't feel like getting a speech from her. I'm already pissed at myself for saying what I had. I sighed walking down the street trying to clear my mind.

It'd hard to clear my mind when the only thing I can think about is Niall. Is he alright? Is his father treating him well? So much more of the questions kept pouring in that I ignored. I made it about a mile from my house now standing in front of the park.

I walked inside of the gate and sat on one of the benches looking down at my phone playing random games on it. I needed something to occupy myself. I already get the feeling that this is going to be a very long weekend.

"Aye!" I heard a gruff male voice say making my head snap up. I saw a man stumbling towards me as I stood to my feet. Great some random guy to try and make conversation with me. I don't need this right now,

"What" I sighed

"Do I know you" he slurred confirming that he was drunk

"No I don't think so" I said starting to walk past him

"Harry" the man said instantly making me stop in my tracks

I turned around slowly to find him looking back at me. "How do you know my name"

"You have no clue who I am" he stumbling with his steps and words.

Then realization hit me.

"D-Dad"

*********************************

Comment

Vote

Fan :)