Hello Again Friend

I walked past many chimps, many giving me looks of distaste. I walked up closer to the area where I've seen my old friend teaching young chimps many times before. I couldn't help but smile at the older orangutan. His face wrinkled with many lines of happiness over the years. His face calm and collected as the young apes clung to his arm. The hair on his body orange and gray. I walked up closer to him still not seen by the old orangutan. A young ape pulled at the tip of my fingers signaling my attention to him. He handed me a small flower, same as the one Maurice had given me the day I left. I smiled warmly at the young ape, nodding my head in thanks. I put the flower behind Maurice's ear the same way he had done before if my memory serves me correct. He slowly turned to me in question, thinking it was another young ape. A slow smile of recognition appeared on his face. He got up slowly and took the flower behind his ear. "Nia?" I smiled. "Hello Maurice." His smile got a bit wider. "When did you get here? Did you see Caesar yet?" I smiled, nodding slowly. "I got here not to long ago. I was just with Caesar." Maurice pointed to two boulders against the old wall where Maurice would teach the young apes. Like an old school board. "Sit please." I nodded. I sat down on the nicely shaped rock. He sat down on the other facing me. "He has been longing for your return for a long time Nia." "I know." I turned my head slightly in guilt. "He missed your presence. They saw what you did to him when you left. It destroyed him. Even more so when Blue Eyes left looking for you." I sat there speechless. "Why would he came looking for me...?" I slowly moved my hands. "It's not your fault Nia. Blue Eyes went willingly for his father's happiness." I sighed, holding my forearm against my stomach. "If that's true..then why do I feel so guilty? Why do I always make things harder for Caesar? Why did he choose me?" He laid a comforting hand on my shoulder. "He chose you because he believes you are the beauty in this cruel world that is worth saving." I smiled, shaking my head. "If only that were true." We sat there in silence, the winter cold slowly setting in. "So how have you been Maurice?" I asked sympathetically. "We've been having some rough times recently. Some apes have been getting a sick recently. Including my mate. The healers are working to help them heal faster." I tilted my head to him curiously. "I'm sorry to hear that...but you have a mate? What is she like?" Maurice smiled warmly. "She is wonderful...beautiful...gentle..smart..she's my heart. Like you are Caesar's." I nodded, blushing slightly. "She seems like to be like a wonderful mate. I would love to meet her." He nodded turning his attention away. I followed his gaze and watched Caesar appear from the home I had walked from earlier. His eyes stared at me as if he had been waiting for me to look his way for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello again my readers.  Have been wanting to write for quite a while. I wanted to thank you for leaving all these comments and it really does inspire me to write.
Thank you so much!^^
Ugghhhh tomorrow is my last competition the MBOS!!^^
Vote?
Comment?
Maybe add to your lists?