Two-Faced Company (Part One)

As soon as we walked out together the sun blinded me only for a minute, giving me a headache. Sky and Haze were sitting by a fire pit which had most likely burned out during the night. I smiled at the cold fresh air. The males were going off to hunt since last night had been a bit of a feast. The females would probably fetch berries and such. I turned Caesar and touched his shoulder. "I will help the females today with foraging." Caesar hummed in disagreement. "Stay here." I shook my head. "I'm not leaving again." I slowly brought my hand up to his face smiling. From the corner of my eye the females started rounding up near the front with hand crafted baskets. "I'll see you later." I cupped his left cheek and pinched him softly. Caesar watched me run after them with a smile on his face.

When I caught up with the females, they had all welcomed me. A female came up to me smiling at me with a mischievous glint in her light green eyes. "So how was last night?" I smiled at her. "Very nice. The food was very good." The female smiled wider. "That is not what I meant.." I tilted my head in confusion. I blushed a deep red as I realized what she meant. I stared at the female before me. I could tell she meant no harm and laughed. "We all saw the way he bit you." I panicked and held my basket tighter. "N-No he was just whispering something..." The female raised her brow and brushed my black hair away from my neck. There, clear as day was the evidence she needed. "Or did he bite you after you went into the hut?" I blushed and pushed her hand away and covering my neck once again.

I narrowed my eyes at the path, biting on my lip. Damn you Caesar. I'll have to remind him to to not bite me in such noticeable places. She laughed and patted my shoulder. 'I am only playing.' I pouted for a second, my cheeks still burning with embarrassment. Caesar I never thought you could embarrass me, I thought wrong. 'Do not be embarrassed, my husband has done the same thing. Just not as rough.' I took a glance at her neck and collarbone. There on her collarbone was a small scar that was covered with her black hair. 'Caesar wasn't...rough. He's gentle.' She nodded. 'How long have you been here?' She asked turning to me. I smiled sheepishly. 'Not very long. I have been here before.' She looked a little confused. 'I had to go. I wasn't wanted here.' The group of females stopped and started going off in pairs to go picking. I felt like I had no one to go with. This reminds me of high school, I grimanced at the memory of P.E.

A small tap alerted my attention, the female I had been talking to nodded in the direction of some bushes. 'Will you join me?' She asked. I nodded smiling that I was not left by myself. 'Of course.' She smiled and headed in the direction of the bushes. I followed after her with a smile. Maybe I can make some actual friends here other than Maurice. I quickly caught up next to her and looked at some bushes to make sure that they were not poisonous. In some areas around here, there are two bushes here that look the same. But one of them is going to get you very sick. Possibly deadly if they comsumed in large amounts. 'What is your name?' I asked her reaching into a bush to grab some berries. She stood next to me and also reaching into the same bush. 'My name is Paw.' I looked at her and smiled. That's so cute. It fits. Her hair was quite fluffy and face was a bit round. 'Don't worry. I know who you are.' I look at her confused. What does she mean? Who told her? 'Maurice told me who you were. He's such a nice ape.' That explains it. I continued to pick the berries. Suddenly I felt like someone was watching us. It was weird. The nice and comfortable vibe had totally changed. "She is watching us..." Paw whispered softly, only enough that I could hear. I suddenly felt very uncomfortable. "Who..?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PLEASE READ

Hello guys! I know it's been forever! I am sorry!
I hope you guys like this chapter!
Also please check out my new Sonic X OC story! It would mean a lot to me. Even if you don't really like it. I would like honest (No hate please) comments.
I would really appreciate it.

Vote?
Comment?
Maybe add to your lists?

~❤