Coming Home

I knelt down in front of Blue Eyes, tears pricking at my eyes. I reached my hand out slightly touching his scarred face. "What have I done.." Caesar picked Blue Eyes up carefully and walked to the horse. I just watched as Caesar set his unconscious son on top of the horse. Caesar watched me as he walked past me and into the forest. "Come." I just sat there, not moving an inch. I sat there quietly trying to find the strength to go home. "He needs me." I whispered to myself. "I can't abandon him." I stood up slowly, quietly trailing beside the horse. I moved closer to the horse, Blue Eyes laying horizontal on the horse. I got a closer look at Blue Eyes from where he was laying. His face looked older and deep scars ran from the sides on his arms and chest. A deep scar ran from his left cheek bone to his chin. As I continued to study his face, his eyes fluttered open in panic. He struggled to move his body, his body weak and frail from starvation. His eyes flicked to mine and stopped there. There was a look of recognition for a second but soon disappeared. "Nia.." He rasped, his voice a bit deeper than what I remembered. His face twisted into pained anger. "You are ok.." My heart dropped and my throat went dry. I bowed my head in shame. "I'm sorry. I-I.." I stopped myself from continuing, not looking at his pained face. "You need to recover.." I whispered softly. We continued to walk in silence until we got to the village. The gorillas bowed down to Caesar as we entered. Caesar stopped in front of the boulder where he would stand proudly. Many apes came to help Blue Eyes in attempts to make him feel at home once again. He smiled softly at the sound of the hooting apes, surprised by his sudden return and his conditon. I stood far from the crowd as they helped him into the healing hut. Many females trailing after him to aid him. I sat on a far boulder that was quite small but comfortable to sit on. Many encouraging words were thrown at me today but I still held so much guilt. "Are you not happy to see our son home?" Caesar stood over me with a small smile on his face. I sighed, covering my head in frustration. "Of course i'm happy to see him..it's jus-" Caesar cupped my face into large hands. "You feel guilty." His eyes stared sympathetically into mine. "Yeah.." I trailed off no longer staring into his eyes. He bent down in front of me. "I have told you before my love, you are not to blame." I glanced at him. "Look at the scars on his body. I left. He looked for me. I'm the reason he's been hurt." I stood up, Caesar stood tall setting his hands on my shoulders. "You did n-" I shoved him off. "Not everything is ok..look at your son for God's sake." Tears started swelling up in my eyes. I backed up towards the entrance and jogged out. Caesar stood there watching me exit from where he stood. I walked away angrily into the forest. I listened for the waterfall that was not far from where the village was. I stopped in front of the stream and stood there. I smelled the sweet scent of rain that would be coming soon. The fresh air was wonderful considering I had lived in a poor city for more of my life. I leaned against a boulder and stared at the waterfall in thought. Why am I still here? Is this still the movie? Wouldn't there have been a continuation of Planet of The Apes? I don't want to leave. Not them. I don't want to leave my family. I smiled at the waterfall. I need to talk to Luther and Andy at some point. A large hand grasped mine softly into theirs. Caesar caressed it lovingly. He didn't say a word. He kissed my cheek and pulled away not looking at my face. His face was relaxed but there was a strange look to it. "I'm sorry I did not understand your feelings fully." I looked away from him and looked towards the waterfall. "Many things are happening today and I still can't understand why I still feel this way..." He didn't let go of my hand, he just stood there and watched the waterfall with me. "Does the past haunt you?" I tensed a little, but he seemed to sense it. He pulled me down closer to the water and sat me down on the sand. "I have known you for years Nia...but at times it feels like we are strangers...I know nothing of your old family..." I stared down at my hand in his. "You're right. I don't know how to tell you this. It's a very strange." I pulled away and turned my body in his direction pulling my legs to my chest keeping my distance from Caesar. "I will still be here. Do not be afraid." I nodded nervously trying to find the easiest way to tell him. "I-I am not fro-..." The sound of galloping caught our attention. I looked towards the trees, Luther appeared from the bush riding a black horse. His smile faltered a little, confused. "Blue Eyes is asking for you Nia."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello again.
It's been about almost five months I know ;-;
I am sincerely sorry.
But I have been having issues with many family members and I was not motivated. I will still continue to write. Thank you for reading!
Every vote and comment is very helpful to me. Thank you!
Vote?
Comment?
Maybe add to your lists?
Love you guys!^-^