Chapter 4: Too Dumb For A Demigod

Annabeth

            Annabeth didn't expect to wake up in a paradise. It was beautiful. She was beside a small creek that was rushing slowly and soothingly. Tall tropical trees and gorgeous flowers surrounded her. The green grass was wet with dew and tickled her arms and legs. The sun shinned through the treetops and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was so serene and...relaxing.

            Annabeth pushed herself up to find that she wasn't hurt at all, thankfully. The last thing Annabeth remembered was the ship crashing out of the sky and then she forgot what happened. She must've passed out. Where were the others?

            Annabeth looked around, without leaving the peacefully little paradise for now. She saw no sign of any other of her friends. That's when she started breathing quicker. Percy was gone. They were separated again. What if she never saw him again? She rubbed her temples and closed her eyes in attempt to calm down.

            She hoped Percy was okay. Right now, she had to find someone....anyone that was on the ship.  Even Leo! Annabeth's stomach grumbled. She didn't see any food, though. Not even lingering in the trees. That's when Annabeth heard movements in the bushes. She reached for her knew sword that she was still getting used to. It didn't feel right, like her dagger did.

            She held her sword in front of her as she crept over to the bushes with caution. When she reached them, she reached her hand out and pushed back the bushed with one fluid motion of her hand to reveal something she couldn't explain.

            "Thalia?" Annabeth questioned shakily. Thalia's eyes were closed and she was twitching badly. Blood was gushing from her shoulder. Annabeth knelt down desperately by her side and put pressure on her wound to try and stop the flood of blood. But it didn't help any.

            Annabeth searched out Thalia's pockets and her own pockets. But she couldn't find any trace of ambrosia or nectar that she could use to help Thalia. Annabeth put a hand to her neck. The first thing that Annabeth noticed was that her skin was deathly cold and more pale than normal. Her pulse was faint. Annabeth guessed that the wound just missed her heart.

            Annabeth was now faced with a choice, and a very difficult one at that. Thalia was younger than Annabeth since she was immortal, but she was also taller. Annabeth was tired out and couldn't carry Thalia for super long, and Annabeth didn't have any clue how far she'd have to walk. If Annabeth wanted to find the others, she would have to leave Thalia. But Thalia was like her sister. Sister's couldn't abandon each other. The others probably needed her, though. Annabeth yanked on her blond strands in frustration.

            She needed to find something to help cure Thalia with. If Annabeth had even a tiny chunk of ambrosia...a corner even...she might be able to save her and find the others both. But Annabeth was out of luck.

            So Annabeth made the awful decision as she gave one last sorrowful glance at Thalia and stood up, walking away. She forced herself not to cry. She didn't turn back. Leaving Thalia was one of the hardest decisions. She hated it, but that was the joys of being a demigod.

            Annabeth couldn't do it. After Tartarus...she couldn't let another person die. She just couldn't. Annabeth dropped to her knees and sobbed into her hands, letting the tears flow out freely. She couldn't stop them from leaking out.

            "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry, Thalia," Annabeth cried out, even though the unconscious Thalia couldn't hear her speaking.

            Annabeth's heart pounded in her ears and she sighed deeply, trying to regain her sanity. She clutched her sword in her hand. That's when she felt like something was watching her. She turned around just in time to see a sword swiping at her face.