Chapter 47: A Budding Bromance

Jason

            Jason loved having his best friend back for real this time. Things were obviously different know with him, however. He wasn't as talkative as before, but that was to be expected. He asked constantly about Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter, wondering if they were doing okay. He did still crack dumb jokes at inappropriate times. Sill, overall, he didn't seem as happy as normal. 

            Currently, the demigods were all sitting around the meeting table. It was the first time in awhile that they were all present, that all the chairs were filled. Seeing that made Jason bubble up in happiness. 

            Up above, in the middle of the table, they were Iris Messaging Chiron, telling him to prepare to join them. The Hephaestus children were helping create various means of transportation for all of the demigods of both camps. Nothing as great as the glorious Argo II, of course, but the Son of Jupiter was really impressed with them nonetheless. 

            "We'll be getting ready and joining you soon," Chiron agreed. "It's good to see all of you again."

            "Same here, Chiron," Annabeth agreed, and Jason was sure he saw her eyes watering the slightest bit. He knew that Annabeth and Chiron were obviously the closest since she had known him from such a young age.

           The Iris Message connection was broken a second later. Jason stood up from his spot, clearing his plate. In the last 24 hours, the monster attacks had been decreased all the way to 0, which scared all of them.

            "Do you want to train?" Jason questioned Percy, who was just stuffing the last of his food into his mouth. Unable to answer, he nodded in response with a happy thumbs up. Piper and Leo came to join, while Annabeth said she wanted to get some more work done. Frank and Hazel weren't finished eating.

            Jason and Percy attacked towards each other. Initially, Jason was the one to launch the first attack. He thrust his sword forwards. Percy was fast, though, and maneuvered his own sword to block it. Piper and Leo were cheering on Percy, and Jason rolled his eyes at them.

            "You guys suck," Jason told them, briefly sticking his tongue out.

            Percy batted his eyelashes, "Don't worry, Jason, I'll cheer for you." Jason chuckled, their swords clashing again. 

            About ten minutes later, they were both sweaty and exhausted. Neither was coming closer to winning, so they decided to end it in a draw, but wanted to continue later. Next up, it was Piper against himself.

            "I don't want to hurt you," Jason told her as they circled each other.

            Piper smirked and retorted, "I don't want to hurt YOU." Piper attacked, nearly knocking Jason off his guard. He could hear Hazel and Percy cheering crazily for Piper.

            "You liar, Jackson," Jason groaned.

            Percy simply shrugged while they continued their fight. It lasted almost as long as Jason's previous fight. This time, Jason did win, but barely. He managed to twist Piper's arm behind her and get his sword up to her throat before she could get herself up. 

            "Boo!" Percy shouted angrily, pointing his thumbs downwards. Jason smacked his shoulder playfully. 

            After a few more rounds of fighting, all of them headed up to grab some water and a snack. Percy headed for a shower immediately after eating, saying he'd be out in a couple minutes. At the table, Annabeth was scribbling down more notes in her tiny handwriting. She had nearly filled up three entire pages, front and back. Jason wondered what it was. He walked up to her, tapping her shoulder.