Chapter 9: Fast Food Cravings

Percy

            All Percy wanted at the moment was McDonalds. He hadn't had it in ages, and as sad as it was...he just wanted to stuff himself with the fat, greasy stuff. Percy's stomach growled again, just thinking about it. Maybe when Percy had left, he should've thought to bring food.

            Yes, Percy had left. He had gone to find Annabeth. His dream had told him where she was at: The Temple of Artemis. He needed to go there and get her, by himself. He didn't know why, but he felt as if it was his fault that she was missing. If he hadn't have left his damned room! Percy punched the nearest thing, which just happened to be the canteen of water he brought. His knuckle began to bleed and Percy hissed in pain.

            He had been walking for hours, and his legs were beginning to hurt. Percy was debating on whether to drink some nectar or not, but he decided he would rather deal with a little leg pain then possibly burn up into scorching hot flames.  

            Percy was already wanting to sleep. The sun was just beginning to set. It would be another day that he wouldn't have Annabeth. Percy wanted to believe that he had fully recovered from Tartarus, but the truth was that he hasn't yet. He still got the nightmares, the flashbacks, and the shivers whenever that...word came up in conversation! He wanted to be recovered, he really did, but it seemed as if the Fates would not allow him to.

            Percy didn't know how much longer he could hold up. After another agonizing two hours, the sky had gone pitch black and Percy was more sore and tired than ever since he came out of Tartarus. He staggered forwards, trying to keep up his pace. He collapsed, though, when his legs gave up beneath him. They resembled Jello, probably the red because that was Percy's favorite. His stomach growled. He groaned and forced the thought of mouthwatering food out of his mind. 

            Percy thought of something, suddenly. Actually, more like someone. Thalia, who last time Percy remembered was passed out on their couch. He wondered if the others remembered she was there, or even if she was still there.

            Even though Percy was more tired than anything, he found himself not being able to go to sleep. That’s when he began to hallucinate. Everything felt tilted and blurry, like when your crying, but the tears haven’t fallen out of your eyes yet.

            “Grab the sword.” His mind ordered him. For some odd reason, Percy obeyed the voice and reached for his pocket, uncapping Riptide and holding it above him in the air.

            “Bring it closer.” Percy’s mind ordered him. He did as it said, moving his sword in so it was almost touching him. The sharp blade gleamed in the bright moonlight.

            “Put the tip on you, just above your stomach.” Percy tried to resist, but it was too powerful. It felt like something was controlling him. The answer was staring him in the face. It was an Eidolon possessing him.

            Percy tried to regain his body, trying to keep the sword from skewering him. His hands were shaking, and beads of sweat began to drip down. That’s when he heard a voice.

            “Percy!” The voice screamed. With one last effort, Percy pushed the sword away from him, and it grazed his chest, ripping through his think shirt, before it clattered to the ground. That’s when Percy passed out.

            When Percy began to wake up, he felt himself moving, but he wasn’t sleep walking. He hoped. Percy opened his eyes, and realized he was hung over someone’s shoulder, and his head was facing towards the ground. He squirmed around, trying to escape.