Chapter 15: The Breath Mints Save The Day

Leo

            Annabeth came rushing in only a couple seconds after Leo's call of distress. Leo could only imagine what was running through her mind when she saw her boyfriend bleeding on the ground, and Leo kneeling next to him.

            "Leo! What happened?" Annabeth asked. She pulled up the bottom of Percy's shirt, and inspected the wound. Leo saw that one side of it had reopened, and was beginning to bleed again. Percy was also now unconscious.

            "I-I," Leo gulped. He really didn't want to tell Annabeth the truth. She was Annabeth Chase, after all. Plus, he didn't even know what came over him. Leo was upset, but even he was sure that it was too harsh to do that to Percy!

            Annabeth cursed in Greek. "Never mind. Let's just get him into the infirmary." Frank walked in at that time.

            "Percy?!" He wondered incredulously. He jogged over to the others, and helped lift Percy up over his shoulder so they could take him into the infirmary. Leo noticed that Frank didn't seem to mind the blood staining the left shoulder of his shirt.

            Once Percy was laid down on a bed, Annabeth grabbed a flask of nectar. After many failed attempts, she got Percy's shirt off of him. Annabeth whispered an apology, and poured the nectar all over the reopened wound. Leo watched as Percy twisted and kicked. His face was contorted with pain. It had worked, though, because the wound was slowly closing again. Everyone was relieved when Percy calmed down, and his breathing steadied out. Annabeth carefully wrapped gauze all around the wound. The white bandage like tape started up right at the top of his stomach, and down to the hem of his pants. Only a little bit of blood soaked through, which meant it was working.

            They all left so Percy wouldn't be disturbed. Leo was trying to sneak off to his room, when he was stopped by Annabeth. Her arms were crossed, and her eyes were like a never ending storm.

            "Leo..." Annabeth paused. "What happened to Percy?" Leo tried to dodge her, but she expected this, so she grabbed his arm and didn't let go. She had a death grip on him. Leo swore she was cutting off circulation.

            "Fine, I'll tell you," Leo decided. "But we better sit down." Annabeth followed him to the couch, where they both sat down. Leo really thought he should tell her, but then again he didn't want to. Decide, demigod, a voice whispered in his mind. Suddenly, it all made sense.

            "I did it," Leo told her. Annabeth stood up with a red face. He held his hands up in surrender position. "Just hear me out! It didn't make sense before; now I understand completely, though. I was possessed by Gaea. She's planning to tear us apart!"

            Annabeth didn't look too convinced. "What were you and Percy talking about, anyways?" Leo looked away and pretended like he didn't hear her ask that question.

            "Leo, answer me." Annabeth ordered. "I know that you're not deaf. You heard me loud and clear. Now, what were you and Percy talking about?" Leo cleared his throat nervously.

            "Calypso," Leo whispered. Annabeth just gaped at him. She then yanked him into a nearby storage closet, and closed the door shut tightly.

            "You went to Calypso's island?" Annabeth narrowed her eyes. "That's why you've been acting differently! Why didn't you tell us? Why'd you get so mad at Percy, anyways?"

            "Yes, I did," Leo admitted. "That's exactly why. I didn't tell you guys, because I wanted to get back to her, and I figured you guys would tell me I'm stupid for believing that. I got mad at Percy, because he left her there! I didn't mean to hurt him, though. That part was Gaea."
            Annabeth leaned against the wall and took it all in. "We have to tell the others." Leo gasped and tackled her before she could reach the doorknob.