Chapter 23: Bad Songs by Rebecca Black

Piper

            After about thirty seconds of fighting Thoon, Piper craved something full of sugar. Thoon was fast. Piper was also fast, but she wouldn't be able to keep up with Thoon for long. She was already tiring out and wiping the sweat off of her forehead. Thoon, though, just seemed to be gaining strength.

            Thoon knew she was getting weaker, too, and was using that to his advantage. He fought harder and went faster, probably knowing that the Daughter of Aphrodite would give out long before him.

            He got a huge blow landed on Piper's ribs. She gasped in pain as she was sent spiraling into the ground. Her ribs ached. She knew she had broken at least one, if not more. It hurt to even breathe.

            "Giving up so easily, Daughter of Aphrodite? After all, you're weak. Simply a Beauty Queen." Thoon wondered with a hideous laugh following his question.

            Piper spat to the side and somehow managed to force herself to her sore feet shakily. Her ribs hurt more than ever from the strain. Almost like they were on fire. She managed, though. She wouldn't let someone call her weak, and she especially wouldn't let anyone call her Beauty Queen except for Leo.

            "I'm no weakling," Piper retorted. "and I'm not defined by my parentage. I'm my own person, and you can't tell me what I am or I'm not! And don't you EVER call me Beauty Queen AGAIN!" She screamed. Her voice practically shook the cavern. It boomed with energy.

            "I-I won't," Thoon stuttered. Piper realized that she had just charm spoke him. She had charm spoken him really strongly. Piper was taken aback by her own powers.

            "Good," Piper nodded, "Now, kill yourself. Do as I say." This time, she thought she was holding back. Her voice was nervous and not nearly as powerful. The giant broke out of her trance easily.

            "You shall never use your fancy talk on me!" Thoon roared. "You will pay for this!" He aimed for her head, but she ducked underneath Thoon's attacked. She knew that she couldn't kill the giant without a God's help, though.

            Suddenly, she was thrown across the room and her head bumped against a rock. The room was spinning around her, and she swallowed back down the bile that was steadily coming up her throat.

            "Piper?! Oh Gods, Piper, are you okay?" Someone gasped from above. Her eyes were unable to focus on anything, though. Her surroundings were all colossal bubbly blobs that spun in her vision making her dizzy.

            "M' head," She responded, her voice slurred drastically. The person sucked in a sharp breath and gently touched the back of her head, where something red and sticky was spread throughout her hair.

            "Stay still," The person instructed. Piper probably couldn't move if she even wanted to, so she closed her eyes, not like it made much difference in the pain though. She heard more talking, but couldn't concentrate on the words as she slipped mindlessly out of consciousness.

            When Piper awoke again, her memories felt like a dirty puddle. The clear was mixed with the dirty, and she felt like she didn't know which was right and which was wrong. She sat up and hissed in pain when she felt how much her ribs and head hurt combined together.

            "Relax, Beauty Queen. You got banged up pretty bad," Someone warned from the side. Piper craned her neck over to see the familiar black curls of her friend. Leonardo? Leo, that was it. He liked to go by Leo. Where was she? She looked around. No where she recognized.