Chapter 16: Frank The Huge Elephant

Annabeth

            Mimas was not a pretty sight. He reminded Annabeth of an over grown potato. His skin was a sickly brown yellow color, and his belly stuck out far. His hair was only in certain places, coming out in small black strands from the top of his head. His chubby nose stuck out, and his ears were curved. He worse only a long toga like object for clothes. Mimas had beefy hands that looked like they could squish someone to death, as well.

            Leo was pale and shaking, much like Annabeth had heard that Percy was like when he first saw the bane of his father. Frank stood next to Annabeth, his gaze set on the giant.

            After much persuading, they had climbed out of the ship with Leo. Frank was armed with his bow, Annabeth with her ivory sword, and Leo with a sword. Annabeth knew that Leo had never been fond of using a sword, but he needed to use it.

            "Your are the Son of Hephaestus in the prophecy of the seven?!" Mimas bellowed. "Ha! You're the size of a dwarf, puny demigod." Leo looked freaked out, but still held his ground.

            That was when Annabeth heard a voice in her head. This is Leo's fight. He is meant to defeat Mimas, but you and Frank shall help him. Leo will drive him away, but not kill him. Annabeth recognized the voice. Her mother. She was about to tell Leo, but Mimas slammed his fist on the ground, causing the three demigods to stumble down and split apart from each other.

            Frank turned into a giant hawk and swooped high into the air. Mimas watched him, momentarily distracted. Annabeth and Leo took that chance to sprint up to the giant, and each of them stabbed him in different feet. Annabeth pulled her sword out right after she stabbed it inwards, but Leo held onto his, which resulted in Mimas kicking his foot high up in the air, so Leo and his sword both went flying.

            Mimas grinned, and Annabeth glared at him. She stabbed her sword into his lower leg this time. It got stuck halfway through. She made a small oomph as she yanked it out. Mimas growled angrily and tried to smash her with his hammer.

            She rolled and ducked away from it every time. The hammer made large indents in the Earth's soil. Frank was over head, clawing at the giant's head. Every time Frank was about to land on him, though, he shifted his massive body.

            Some how, Annabeth realized, Leo had landed in the water. He spluttered up some from his mouth as he climbed back onto land. He was pretty much completely soggy and soaked. They needed Percy to dry him off. Percy.

            Annabeth needed to focus. She turned her senses back to Leo, and watched as he stumbled up to the giant. He threw fire at Mimas, forgetting that he was fireproof as well. Mimas grinned a toothy grin.

            "Fire User, I see," Mimas noticed. "It's too bad I'm immune to fire!" He laughed and flung his hammer down at Leo, who skillfully dodged it. Frank flew down next to Annabeth and turned back into human form.

            "I have a plan, Annabeth," Frank stated. He began to quickly tell it to her. It was pretty good. Really good. They put it into action.

            Frank turned back into a bird, and took off into the sky. Leo was still dodging Mimas, but making some progress. He had made it to the already injured leg and cut it again as much as he could. They needed a God's help, though.

            Annabeth ran out to the middle of the grassy area, and cupped her hands around her mouth, looking up at Mimas. "HEY!" She screamed. His attention turned to Annabeth.