Chapter 6: Human Fish Sticks

Piper

            After the monster attack, Piper just wanted to lay down and go to sleep. Sadly, that wasn't a possibility. Hazel was struggling carrying her for so far. Piper tried to make her legs move, but they felt like jelly.

            They made it out of the forest and onto the beach. There was no sign of any demigods aside from them. That's when the bright sun was suddenly covered by a large force. Piper made herself move her head upwards, and she saw none other than the Argo II in all of its glory.

            Piper could tell the ship was damaged. It had many holes in it, and wasn't hovering that far above the ground. Piper could faintly hear Hazel yelling over the engine's roar. The ship began to land and the force of the wind nearly sent Piper to the ground, if it wasn't for Hazel keeping her in a death grip.

            Finally, Piper noticed the door opening to let them in. Piper stumbled inside with Hazel. Piper needed some nectar or ambrosia, or something. Thankfully, A piece of ambrosia was shoved into her mouth. She chewed and swallowed it happily, already feeling better. Just a little bit weak, and especially tired.

            Piper saw Annabeth standing over her with a worried expression plastered upon her face. Frank and Leo were also there, and Hazel was sitting on the couch, and Piper flopped down beside her.

            "Are you guys okay?" Annabeth questioned nervously.

            "Better now," Piper replied. "Is Jason here?"

            Frank frowned and looked away, "Not yet. We haven't found him. We've been trying to find everyone."

            "Percy was with us," Hazel piped up. Piper saw Annabeth immediately become alert as she looked over at them.

             "He was?" Annabeth asked, "Where is he now?"

            Hazel sucked in a short breath. "He had to hold off a monster while Piper and I escaped. We tried to look for him, but he wasn't following us. I'm super sorry, Annabeth. It's all my fault."

            Annabeth looked upset, angry, and anxious. "It's okay, I mean, it's no one's fault. That's the Percy thing to do."

            "About that..." Hazel trailed off, "Percy was saying something, and he started talking...about his fatal flaw. He didn't tell me, but I mean--what is it?"

            Annabeth's eyes turned a harsh stormy color, more dark and ominous than usual. "I'm not the one to tell you, Hazel." Then, Annabeth turned and stomped off to her room, slamming her door behind her.

            "I didn't mean to say anything..." Hazel sighed. Piper touched her arm comfortingly.

            "It's okay, she's just upset about missing Percy," Piper said. "She's not mad at you."

            Just then, Leo looked over at Piper and the others and gulped. Piper shot him a questioning glance.         

            "Uh, you guys may want to take a look at this," Leo stammered. Piper stood up dizzily and still slightly aching, but she made it over to the side of the Argo II where Leo was looking at. Hazel and Frank followed right behind.

            It was none other than Percy Freaking Jackson, just sunbathing while Annabeth and the others were worried sick about him and Jason! Piper balled her fists. She hoped Jason wasn't doing the same thing.