Chapter One - Rebirth

For the first couple months, everything was a blur. She wasn't able to fully understand what was going on around her, who was around her or where she even was. Chloe's first real memory was of a young baby lying next to her, stormy grey eyes staring at her in fascination. Her next memory was of a woman who carried an aura around her as if she were superior than others. Soon after, memories begun to blur together and became everyday life.

The baby from her first memory was her twin brother, Sirius Orion Black. It was then Chloe realized, that she had been reborn as someone new. When she learnt of her brothers name, she rationalized that her new parents must be large fans of the Harry Potter series. But when she found out her parents names, saw the family tapestry and met Kreacher, the visibly much younger house-elf, she cried herself to sleep.

Chloe was now known as Shaula Walburga Black, and she had been reborn into the Harry Potter series. She would grow up in the middle of a war, watch people she would grow to love die and others turn traitor to the people they called family. Shaula cried for the future she would have, the future she now shared with so many children who she will grow up with. She cried for the brother she has and how his life would be, and for the brother she would gain in a few years time.

Over the next couple months Shaula planned for a way to make Sirius' life to be better, to try and change the outcome of the war, to stop Voldemort before he would kill Lily Evans and James Potter. To help Severus Snape and give Regulus Black the life he should have had without having to die. She knew that she would do all of this, even if it cost her, her life.

In the next two and a half years, Shaula watched as Sirius and herself grew and how the both of them begun taking etiquette lessons as soon Walburga Black announced her second pregnancy. Shaula was almost certain that this baby would be Regulus.

One day, when Sirius and Shaula were playing a game of hide and seek in one of the many rooms of the house on the second floor, Kreacher had apparated into the room. The popping sound of the apparation drawing both of their attention to the elf.  They were two years old at the time, nearing the end of January.

"Master and Mistress wishes for little Master and little Mistress to go to the drawing room immediately." Kreacher spoke, giving us a bow before dismissing himself. Most likely off to make lunch or something. The two children turned to look at each other in happiness, it was only a week ago that their mother was taken to the hospital in labour with their youngest sibling.

Upon entering the drawing room they both go to the empty couch as Walburga and Orion Black had taken up the other, along with a small swaddled up object. Shaula sat up as straight as possible and giving the two adults in the room her full attention, while Sirius stared outright at the baby in their mothers embrace. Walburga's arms occasionally gave a small rock, as if making sure the baby would stay quiet.

"Sirius, Shaula. This is your new younger brother, Regulus Arcturus Black. You will help raise him and look after him, making sure he follows the ways of the Noble and Ancient House of Black." Orion stated, catching both of the children's attention. Sirius' face morphed into a determined one, a large grin overtaking it as he nodded. Shaula merely smiled slightly and gave a slight nod.

"Good, at the moment he will be staying on the same floor as us and when he becomes slightly older, we may move him to the second floor and if not, then we'll add another room to your floor for him. Is that understood." Mother and Father stared the two down, as if daring them to go against what they had said.

Over the next couple years, the two children played with their new brother, while attending balls, gatherings, lessons on etiquette, pureblood supremacy and more. It wasn't until the twins had turned five years old, that Sirius began questioning about muggleborns and muggles. That was when it started going down.

"Why are they mudbloods? What did they do wrong?" His grey eyes stared up innocently at their tutor. The old lady who taught the three children span sharply around, small beady eyes narrowing at the boy, as she addressed them.

"Mudbloods are filthy creatures who steal their powers from the purebloods and halfbloods, creating filthy squibs. Mudbloods are nothing but idiotic, stupid, pathetic little mongrels who don't know when to keep their trap shut!" The woman's dull voice screeched as she ranted and raved. Regulus appeared to be taking it all in, seeming to believe the lies that were being told. Shaula already knew what to expect when Sirius asked this question, knowing not to believe anything that's said about the muggle-borns and muggles. Sirius' face tightened, turning into confusion.

"But how would they steal magic? Aren't they like us?" Sirius asked her, still not entirely understanding what their tutor means by that. It was at that moment their mother came in,  hearing the question her eldest child asked.

"It doesn't matter how, they just do! They are filthy and disgusting things that should be killed." Walburga sneered, hatred clearly displayed on her twisted face. That was the start of how things started to spiral down.

Nearly everyday Sirius would argue with Walburga and any tutor that would teach them. Yelling would erupt between the two of them, Orion never stepping in but never allowing Sirius the chance to argue against him.

Regulus would sometimes watch these arguments, other times he would try to focus on something else or be in another room, distracted by Shaula who would try and teach him things she learnt in her previous life. When she wasn't with Regulus, she would watch the arguments happen, never interfering but never adding her input when asked either. Her mother would sneer at her when she never took part, as if knowing that Shaula would take her brothers side.